Discussion Forum

Duell of the Planeswalkers/ Online Magic

Does any of you have experience with any online magic variants?
I tested Duel of the Planeswalkers a long time ago and wasn't really satisfied how the rules worked (Combat Damage lowers toughness!!!) nor on how you get your cards. When it comes to the question if I should buy a pack of digital cards or "real" ones, I will most likely vote for the real ones.
The (?big?) advantage on the other hand is that you can find other players rather quickly with some few mouse clicks and don't have to ask your friends, tune appointments or drag half of your collection/ decks to a local game-store.

I would really like to know what other people have experienced playing such systems.
Posted 17 July 2017 at 15:59

I play DOTP most of the time I play magic. I never had a lowering of toughness carry over to the next turn. I play the original xbox360 version on the xbox one. I don’t play in those up to date competition based groups at shops, so this is where I get my magic fix. Anyone who says its more of an arcade game is flat wrong. Theres tons of decks to build, and it plays by all official rules.
Posted 25 August 2019 at 17:58