Discussion Forum

Suggestion: Adds with sound?

Don't, just don't. Stop it. Do I really need to mute my computer to use your site? This will for sure lead me to your competitors' sites, which equals less add revenue for you (maybe, I think that's how it works...).
Disable sound coming from your adds. It does nobody any good.
Posted 19 January 2017 at 06:25

I didn't even know we had sound on our adverts, they are powered by Google Adsense and I thought they were just image and text.

Sure it wasn't another site in the background playing music?! Not had anyone else mention this! But I'll look into it.
Posted 23 January 2017 at 14:05

Positive. There is only one ad I've heard (multiple times). When the specific ad loads, It is always at the bottom of the screen, and it plays a looping horn section at what seem like random intervals. If I remember correctly it also included a simple animation I wanna say a plain blue banner floating left. I appreciate you looking into it, as I really love your site. And I prefer your layout highly to the likes of say tappedout.

When I first posted this, just about every other page I loaded had the ad in question. Meaning the odds of getting the sound of random horns seemed more likely than just random. This is my second time back to your site since I posted this, last time the ad was prevalent, so I went back to tappedout. But, so far today I haven't heard any ads. When and if I do, I will post here what exactly it is advertising which may or may not help in uprooting it. Again, thanks for any effort you put in.
Posted 28 January 2017 at 00:23

And again, now its a full length commercial for some spy movie. It had an option to mute that doesn't mute. An option to pause that doesn't pause. And an option to 'X' out, which thankfully worked. But beyond that it kept redirecting me to the bottom of the page literally forcing me to watch it. I'm begging you for the final time, please disable ads with sound. Not only do they exist here, but they are of a far worse variety than I originally stated.

If this is as I fear the intended future of your site, please let me know, so I can just move on with out the headache...
Posted 11 March 2017 at 18:22

Hey... It's me again. Kindly requesting you stop filling adspace with videos that redirect to the bottom of the page and cause it to stutter.

I love your site. You do what you do better than every other MTG site I've tried. To such a gross extent, that I will never return to any of them. I'm here for the long haul, ads or not. Your site is intuitive, beautiful, and damn near perfect in my opinion. But these video ads, man, the ads are such a headache... I haven't heard a noise in a while, which is awesome. Those audio ads are the only thing that would actually keep me away from mtgvault for good. And, thankfully its been a while on that. But these video ads at the bottom of the page? I don't think I've seen them while viewing other's decks. And right now as I type this, there's no ad at the bottom of the screen. But if I make a deck. The page is in a constant battle with some video ad at the bottom of the page. Sometimes it just slows things down slightly, and everything still functions well enough. But I can look up at the refresh button, and see it going ape shit as the page buffers and lags over this video. Then, sometimes the page just cannot handle it, and many functions slow to a crawl, or even just fail to work . Then sometimes, even more infrequently (only twice recently,) it will actually redirect the screen to the bottom of the page and force me to watch whatever it's trying to sell. I can 'X' out of the video, but the second I scroll up, it will begin loading in the ad again. ...

Anyways, I don't expect this to change. And like I said I love your site either way. All I'm saying is, the static ads, just an image and some text, are great. They're there, I see them, I ain't gonna buy their shit, but still, advertising mission accomplished. But these video ads and the old sound ads (should they ever return) can straight up go fuck themselves. Thanks for your time, anyone who reads this.
Posted 16 September 2017 at 22:45

Von_Falcon has deleted this comment.
Posted 16 September 2017 at 22:45