Discussion Forum

All Extort Deck

Hi there all,
Firstly, I'd like to apologize for putting this here, but I'm kinda new to the whole sthick and I tend to just play casually, so I didn't know where to stick this build suggestion, and as such, I opted to put it here.

Anyway, one of my favorite decks to play (oddly enough was a starter deck) was a Orzhov deck revolving around the extort effect. I'd like to iterate on this idea. My idea is to assemble a 60 card deck with low drop cards (i'm thinking the most of them should be 1-2 drop) with every creature having the "Extort" effect.

The playstyle I'd like to run is in multiplayer free-for-alls where I don't attack anyone but bleed them out through extort, casting low drop spells to benefit others while using that to trigger extort. I know this'll be a relatively weak deck, as, you can't really have a really high power card for a 1-2 drop, but that's not necessarily important to me.

Is this a dumb idea? Has anyone done this sort of thing before, and, if so, can you send me a deck reference to run off of? Can anyone recommend some cards for this idea?
Posted 17 March 2017 at 06:59

There have been extort decks before. Your deck sounds like it would work better if you have some other bleed effects like Stab Wound. Also, I'd have up to four mana, if you still want to keep it low.
Posted 17 March 2017 at 16:14

I've personally not played an Extort deck, but I do have a bleed deck based on Stronghold Discipline. Now, I have not updated it in a while, but here's the latest version that I've posted on the Vault that I've actually played:

http://www.mtgvault.com/dedwards/decks/strong-hold-on-discipline/
Posted 18 April 2017 at 15:05

I wouldn't focus too much on low-mana drops, a healthy mana-curve normally is better than to many low-drops, especially in games that might take longer, like multiplayer. You can play more spells fast but you will also run out of cards to play rather quickly.
The classical bleed/ leech decks, especially in multiplayer, will finish their opponents via combo: Exquisite Blood and Sanguine Bond. Also when using this in multiplayer you will need a strong defence as you not upset only 1 opponent (like attacking a single person) but all at once.
Another great card for bleed/ leech decks can be Gray Merchant of Asphodel, tough that depends a little on the built.
Posted 19 April 2017 at 07:36