Discussion Forum

Suggestion: Deck Submission Limit

I don't know if this has been brought up / addressed before, but for years now I've noticed that sometimes people post 5+ decks at once, clogging up the main page with decks all by one user. My suggestion is, that similar to how you're limited to mark 1 deck a week as "Unloved", maybe limit the number of decks submitted to 3 per hour.
Posted 12 March 2018 at 17:29

Is this become a bit of an issue? If so, we can easily limit the amount each person is allowed on the homepage. Limiting the amount of decks people can make per hour would be madness, but we could limit the exposure.. maybe
Posted 15 March 2018 at 21:36

I like the way it is. I WANT to see the newest decks, ASAP. It lets you see the meta, if you see a string of similar decks you might have found a hot combo. I suggest having an alternate homepage filter for people like him.
Posted 25 March 2018 at 13:40

@Ian: I wouldn't say it's a constant problem, but it happens often enough for me to bring it up. I just think, at the time of this multi deck postings, it's unfair on anyone that has posted a deck just before them as it pushes their deck lower on the front page, and off the front page sooner than I feel is fair.

@missmana: I'm not saying you shouldn't see them ASAP. I just thing it's unfair that one person can post like 10 decks seemingly at once, pushing single post decks by 10 different people down and off the front page. Not much of a sense of meta if half the decks posted are by one person.

Maybe a limit per hour is harsh, so here's another suggestion to at least slow down the spam somewhat: Can't make a deck public without at least 2 tags?
Posted 07 April 2018 at 07:41

I don't know if anything has been implemented, but there is a pretty simple work around. Just clone the deck. And delete the original (if you made it). Takes like 3 seconds. Now your deck is on top, and their 10 decks are below.

I'm not saying anyones got to do this, and surely it aint exactly what yer asking for. But, I know I once loaded the new decks list with all my decks just because I wanted to reorder them. (there should maybe be an option to reorder decks on your homepage). And I definitely didn't want to upset anyone, or hog up the new deck page... And if nothing is implemented, then well, here is a possible solution.
Posted 01 May 2018 at 11:53

It appears you can also just like the deck to drag it to the top.
Posted 02 May 2018 at 04:47

Perfect example of why I brought up this idea. Today, 18 May 2018, at 11:24 am (GMT +2) I open Vault and all except one of the decks on the front page are by one person (user name Hazel in this case), and it continues a bit into page 2 of New & Active Decks. All have 1 word names, no tags, no likes, and less than 3 views. I haven't checked them all, but no comments the ones I checked and the exact same Deck Description, meaning it was a copy paste.

How is this fair on the other users?

Hazel's page:
https://www.mtgvault.com/hazel/
Posted 18 May 2018 at 09:36