Discussion Forum

Which of Bolt, or Galvanic Blast, or Lightning Axe?, to go with Shrapnel Blast, Goblin Grenade, in my Goblin Deck? Please Help?

Here is my deck link:

Kuldoth Bushwhac Batlecry Fire Deck | MTG Vault
https://www.mtgvault.com/asturonethorius/decks/kuldoth-bushwhac-batlecry-fire/

Deck:

4 Memnites
4 Signal Pest
4 Mox Opals
4 Darksteel Citadels

16 artifacts

4 Goblin Bushwhackers
2 Goblin Piledrivers
2 Goblin Wardrivers
2 Goblin Rabble
2 Goblin Chieftains

12 Goblins

4 Kuldotha Rebirths

4 Goblin Grenades
4 Shrapnel Blast

3, 1,2 cmc, 3,4,5,6 damage to target creature or player, Galvanic Blast, or Lightning Bolt, or Lightning Axe, or some other some such similar kind of burn, instant, sorcery, 1,2 cmc, card?

11 Burn slots

So what, which should I go with, 3, 3 Galvanic Blast, or 3 Lightning Bolts, or 3 Lightning Axes, or 3 other some such similr, same type of cards?

What, which should I do, go with?

My thought is that I would like to be able to do 4,5 damage to target PLAYER AND CREATURE for 1,2 cmc. 3 cmc is probably to much. Also I dont have the mana(21 lands, 4 Moxes), to spend 3, 4 mana to deal 4,5,6 damage, because 3,4 mana is too slow, and probably wont have 3,4 mana in play fast enough. For same reason that excludes things like Fireballs, Devels Play. Altho Lightning Axe deals 5 damage for 1 mana, I would prefer that it did the damage to player and creatures. Yes Lightning Axe is still good. But need to deal damage to both player and creature so that I can either finish player off by either burn damage to their face, or by removing a blocker.

I could go with Bolt, but it only deals 3 damage. Could go with Galvanic Blast, that deals 4 damage to player and creature for 1 cmc, if metalcraft, have 3 artifacts in play. Problem with that is, that altho have 16 artifacts, it can still be hard to get 3 artifacts in play. So because of that, why have Shrapnel Blast that cost 2 cmc, and a sacrificed artifact? With 16 artifacts, its much easier to have a artifact to sacrifice, then to have to have 3 artifacts in play for Galvanic Blast. Flame Sash is worse then Lightning Axe, because 4 damage for 2 cmc, to only creatures, compared to 5 damage, 1 cmc for Lightning Axe.

Also maybe I am overlooking some card. Maybe there is a modern legal red instant or sorcery card that deals 4 or 5 damage for 1 or 2 cmc, or maybe even 3 cmc, that deals that 4 or 5 damage to for 1,2,3 cmc, to target player and or creature.

So what, which, should do, go with?

Please help.

Thanks .

Posted 27 September 2019 at 04:29

Also this deck can do 10 to 15 damage on turn 1, if get perfect draw.

Can do 17 to 19 damage, an or win turn 2, again if get perfect draw.

Wins by turns 3,4,5,6.

The, this deck just needs a good 3rd 3,4 of red, instant, sorcery, burn card, that deals 4,5 damage to target player or creature, for 1,2 cmc, in addition to 4 Goblin Grenade, 3,4 Shrapnel blast, to help consistently help finish off opponent, turns 3,4,5,6, etc.

Thats why I need help with this. If get help, with the right 3rd burn card to go with Goblin grenade, Shrapnel Blast, this deck would, will at least semi consistently win by, on turns 3,4 and be able to hold its own against decks that win by on turns 2,3,4, like dredge, storm, affinity, Aggro, etc.

And the deck destroys Midrange, Tron, Chord, because Goblins get BIG. and because win before Midrange get going, and before get board wiped, and can win after board wipe.

And destroys control.

Holds it's own vs BURN.

So its a, or can, could be a tier 1.65 deck in Modern.

All it just needs is some help getting the right 3rd burn card to go with Grenade, and Shrapnel blast.

So please help.

Thanks.
Posted 27 September 2019 at 05:24

Also, another thing, is that this deck is also a Semi BUDGET deck, because can buy it for ONLY about $65 to $75, that is CHEAP compared to the $375 to $750 to $1350 Modern Format decks out there.

Imagine Placing in the top 3 at a Semi Competitive FNM at a Local Game Store, with this deck.

And its quick, easy, fast, to play(But not as fun to play against.)

And it just needs that 3rd burn card to go with Grenade, Shrapnel Blast, and a semi little, semi occasional, Mulligan, Mulliganning.

So please help.

I would gratefully appreciate it.

You would be helping a deck, the community, etc.

And you could also enjoy playing the deck.

So please help.

So thanks for any help, if help.

Thanks

Mike
Posted 27 September 2019 at 05:40

The deck just did 27 damage on Turn 3, in a playtesr.
Posted 27 September 2019 at 07:02