Discussion Forum

Mill splash?

I'm working on a rogue trible deck and I've noticed some rogues have some pretty cool mill effects. Mill is not the direction I want to take this deck but I was wondering if there is any value in having some mill in a deck. My novice beginner mind set sees some value in taking away options at random but I dont really know how valuable this is. The main focus of my deck is agro with a lot of draw oppertunity for me and discard procs for opponent (part of the reason I see an opponent losing options as a good thing). Dont need the deck to be super competitively viable, mostly just for fun, though I do thing knowing this bit of information would be good for future prospects where I care about being competitively viable.
Posted 22 October 2019 at 04:22

If you don't put cards in your deck that don't fit to your strategy mill is always often an option. What I mean is: Don't use e.g. "Wall of Lost Thoughts" (0/4 Defender; When Wall of Lost Thoughts enters the battlefield, target player puts the top four cards of their library into their graveyard.) into an aggressive deck, if you manage to mill with synergy effects or use creatures that you would use anyway its OK, otherwise don't do it.
Posted 23 October 2019 at 07:26

So what you are saying is: an extra effect is always good, but if I wouldn't use it without the effect that doesn't fit my game plan, it's not good enough for me to use in the deck. Is that correct?
Posted 25 October 2019 at 19:03

Yes, exactly
Posted 28 October 2019 at 07:20