Discussion Forum

Welcome to mtgvault :)

I'm wickeddarkman, and I got some good news and some bad news...

THE BAD NEWS :(
Mtgvault has been trolled for years, by morons hellbent on making this place degenerate.
As a result, the forums are hardly ever used anymore, and the decks that people are posting get burried in spam about once a week.

THE GOOD NEWS :)
some of us are still working to restore this place and create a much more solid community.

IDENTIFYING TROLLS
first I'll teach you about how you can identify trolls in here, and when they are active.

1 Sign:
The usual flow of conversations and new decks is generating enough material that there are 4 active pages with new and active decks.
When the trolls are active and spams the place there are between 6-8 pages being active. That behavior allows you to know when trolls are active and you can then use the next signs to know who the trolls are.

2 sign:
Like every other human on earth, trolls are lazy in general, and since they spam the place with decklists copied from the net to bury us all, they never write up the details of the deck. They rarely bother to write more than a single line in the deck description and the how to play. They spend a lot more time at spamming than they do at writing about their decks.

3 sign:
Still being lazy, the trolls are even worse at commenting on other decks. Whenever you look at the profile of a user and see that they've posted 50+ decks but have made no comments, then the odds are really high that you are looking at a troll, or someone who isn't interested in the community.

RULES ON HOW TO BE A GOOD EXAMPLE:

1 rule: "try to create content rather than spam"
If you post a deck without writing a deck description or writing a how to play, people will think you are just spamming and will probably not give your deck a like. They'll just consider it spam like the other 30 decks without a write up we see daily.
If you write stuff you will get peoples attention more often. If you are a bad writer, then take this opportunity to improve yourself.
We can handle bad spelling.

2 rule: "engage in the community"
If you never comment, you will seem to be a troll, and people will start to ignore you by default.
When you engage in the community you will add to your learning curve. After all people in here are much more than their decks, and you can learn a lot more about magic from people if you ask, remaining silent won't bring you anything.

3 rule: "be aware of the trolls"
This rule is really just optional, but before you start liking a deck or comment on it, try to take a look at the users profile. If they updated or created more than 5 decks today and seem to leave no comments and their deck has no deck description and hasn't a single word on how to play, then your like is really just a waste of time, and you should look a bit more for a better deck that really deserves a like.

Again, welcome to mtgvault, I'm wickeddarkman as mentioned above, and I'm a bit of a content creator, so if you contact me on one of my decks, I'll give you some hints and tips.

Here's one to get you started:
When you've learned how to search for deck tags, search for the decktag: wdm intro
That will give you a guide about how to be seen in this place despite all of the spam.

Posted 20 March 2021 at 22:40

SpliNter has deleted this comment.
Posted 27 April 2021 at 13:45