Discussion Forum

So, corona ? How does it affect your region ?

Here in Denmark the population gives a damn about wearing masks, even though a lot more people are coughing violently and out loud than before the corona.

It's strange to observe that while people sort of don't fear that corona will fly down their lungs, a lot more people have become phobic of coins. In shops the expedients always looks panicked when paid with cash, but they can't be bothered to wear a mask.

This is particularly odd when it's been proven that corona is easier transmitted by spit droplets in the air than by hand.

Another thing that disturbed me a little was that no attempt was done to stop bottlecollecters to dig through trash now covered in layer after layer of masks. This has made other types if flu much more spread out among homeless and illegal immigrants.
Posted 31 July 2021 at 11:37

In Austria it generally works. You sometime shave to remember someone to wear a mask, you sometimes get an unfriendly answer, but most of the time it's OK. The problem here is that many regions now enable you to get your vaccination without making an appointment... but this seems to work only in some few regions. Paper-money and coins are back, at least at our local supermarket, tough most people still pay with plastic money.

I don't think you could stop the majority of them, even if you gave them an alternative to dumpster diving/ bottle collecting. It has become their style of life. But here it's not as big a problem as it seems to be in Denmark. Glass bottles are brought back to the store by the people because of the deposit, but plastic bottles don't have this system and are collected in recycle-bins where only plastic and metal bottles are allowed.
Posted 02 August 2021 at 06:58

I was in Africa as a teenager, and at that time their groceries had a relatively high price on soda water.
It turned out that the distribution of cola was at a decent price, but in order to get the glass bottles back to the factory the price was in fact more on the bottle than on the cola.

Our travel group found out when one of the travelers wanted to show a fakir trick of how he could walk on broken glass.

The whole damn village was in an uproar when he broke the first bottle, it was like seeing people react to someone starting to open fire with a shotgun in a kindergarten.

It was a memory for life. Sometimes people have different values and it's a good thing to involve at least one local in anything you want to do.

Regarding the troll, he seems to have "attached" himself to me which is good for everyone else, except when I post.
Whenever I post something or write with someone and the troll sees it, he spams with 20 posts to remove my post from the frontpage.

That doesn't worry me much as I have learned to link my own stuff, and have added a "my 5 last posts" section to my posts which will become a regular thing.

But whenever I post, everyone else who posted something gets burried with my stuff, and that really bothers me, because I am a pretty active person and the troll punishes everyone just to sabotage me.
Posted 03 August 2021 at 01:51

Found the solution the troll is panicking...
Posted 26 August 2021 at 03:01

As long as he's not picnicking ;)
Posted 27 August 2021 at 07:05

As for the main question of this thread:
It seems that "young people" (whoever you want to count here) are less willing to get vaccinated than the old ones, something I can't understand. Last weekend there was a small street festival , where people where standing in groups after the festival, without masks, without trying to keep distance, simply to drunk to do any of the simple steps to keep one safe. I understand that they had to live for nearly 2 years without any festival, party or similar, but other people had the same issue (tough the older party less, but not necessarily less hard ;) ). This weekend would be a medieval festival, which we would normally visit, but the risk is simply to high for us, so we don't.
How does vaccination advance in Denmark?
Posted 27 August 2021 at 07:23