Discussion Forum

THG play question

So, when playing under Two Head Giant, I under the impression that you can only resolver permanent and sorcery spells one at a time, just like 1 v 1 play. However, my friend insisted that since you have two players, they can play spellsat the same time. So, no spells resolve and priority isn't passed until the active team has played everything they are going to play during their main phase. Ex. One teammate plays a creature, then second teammate plays a creature, neither spell resolves, and he can pick and choose which one he wants to counter spell. I don't think this is right. My understanding is that each creature starts its own stack, and has to resolve before another can be played. Any help on this?
Posted 07 September 2021 at 21:19

805.5. Teams have priority, not individual players.
805.5a A player may cast a spell, activate an ability, or take a special action when his or her team has priority.

All these actions still use the stack and you can cast spells with sorcery speed (Everything that isn't an instant or has Flash) only when the stack is empty. After the active team player casts a spell the priority is passed of the non-active team, and they can react. If both of the players decide to react, they can decide in which order those will be put in the stack.
Posted 08 September 2021 at 08:17