Discussion Forum

Hey gary, I'm trying to implement an old suggestion I had for you.

You might not remember it, but we discussed how the "active decks" page was constantly flooded.
Back then it wasn't known that trolls have been flooding it on purpose to chase people away.

Last year for example the user: flashover
Posted more than a 100 decks he simply imported from other sites, which does make a case that the mass import feature may be used to sabotage this place.

However, the main problem is how you can become visible in a setup where you post a deck and then a troll copy pastes 19 decks on a few "fake" accounts.

My suggestion back then was that you and your team could design a page where it would be active users listed, rather than active decks.

I've come up with an idea of how this can be simulated without you and your team doing anything active.

By campaigning for the use of "personalized tags" I will get regularly posting community pillars to come up with their own personal tags to place as the first tag on their deck.

As a result people who opt to use a personal tag will be visible to the right of the active decks page in the weekly tag collection.
That means they will also need to post just 2 decks during the week to be visible, which will deflate the need to spam by their own to be seen.

If the trolls still want to troll this simple system, they will be forced to use tags much more and far more fake accounts than they have used in the past, which means they have less time to spam overall.

You might want to follow the developement of this, as it will show if it pays of to make an active user page.
My campaign to spread this will undoubtedly make the trolls flamewall me as usual, and you might want to observe this as well in order to see how widespread the troll activity actually is in here.

Either way, you will get plenty of information while I launch this campaign.

Wickeddarkman, personal tag: wdm
(Search for the decktag to see a few posts)

Posted 07 January 2022 at 14:24

Posted 07 January 2022 at 23:45

Posted 14 January 2022 at 06:10

This new system has stressed the trolls a lot.

I've had at least three incidences where the thieves sort of break cover.
It may also be because I'm revealing how a group of thieves operate in here, and odds are that one or two trolls unrelated to the thieves are trying to separate themselves from the thieves even though they have helped them troll this place.

But in any case, the concept of active users pages seemed well received overall, and it would make the current spamming impossible.

I've got confessions, I got user accounts, I got a number of spamming sessions that I can refer to, so please get to the keyboard and communicate with me so I can walk you through this.

By the way, he used another fake account to like all decks with rape in the name, after locating them with the search engine.
Mtgvault has a number of features that are extremely troll friendly.

I got many suggestions on how to put a halt to their sabotage...

Posted 01 February 2022 at 12:39

The thieves/trolls are now also attacking my personal tags, which makes it easier to identify them, and is yet another sign that an "active users" page would be a much better anti spam system.
Posted 03 February 2022 at 20:39

Several other users who have a history of supporting me
Are being downvoted from fake accounts.
You might suddenly have a full scale war on your hands.
Posted 03 February 2022 at 21:54

It kicked of tonight.
Lots of hatred in the air.

But here's the thing, all the involved parties opposing me had two simultaneously breaks when I provided info that would interest a troll, and all returned at the same time from the first break to keep trolling, indicating that they were either the same person or took a smoking break and work from the same location.
When I pointed this out, they didn't return.

Posted 05 February 2022 at 00:11