Discussion Forum

Legacy Esper Griefblade help

Hi,
I've been working on a Legacy version of the Esper Griefblade archetype that's been going around Modern since the evoke creatures came out in Modern Horizons. I've always loved Stoneblade lists and this newest version is hands down my favorite. I feel like its very strong and the only reason its not played much in Legacy is because the current meta has Stoneblade a little weak right now. As soon as Stoneblade becomes strong again I think Griefblade is going to be huge.

In any case, this is my attempt at a Legacy version of an Esper Griefblade list:
https://www.mtgvault.com/shadow-2/decks/esper-griefblade-legacy/

I'm really liking how the deck is turning out so far, but I think just the three [[Solitude]] is a bit too light on removal. I would like to add more removal, especially something to deal with stuff other than creatures. I like [[Vanishing Verge]], [[Anguished Unmaking]], or even [[Prismatic Ending]] for this but I'm at a loss for where to put it. I'd like to have 3 maybe 4 but the rest of the deck is a bit tight and I'm not sure what the best thing to remove for them would be. Any ideas?

(Other feedback is also welcome! Thanks!)
Posted 26 January 2022 at 08:32

Tried to add card hovers but it doesn't seem to work on the forum even in comments :/
Posted 01 February 2022 at 10:06