Discussion Forum

Some user interface suggestions

Not sure if these have been convered else where, and sorry if these issues sound petty, but:

My main irk with the current user interface is when building a new deck (that I already have in my head) the process seems to take longer than it should, as a result of being returned to the deck after I have added a card from the card search. I think it would be better if there was some sort of visual confirmation (some sort of fadey-out pop up that doesnt blockt he rest of the seach? could use JQuery) of the adittion, but if I remained on the search page, so I dont have to bother going back to the add card link again.

Anyother improvement would be the confirmation bit when you delete a card appearing as a popup right in front of you (again could use JQuery or some other javascript voodoo) rather than have it reload the page and display at the top of the screen (a prompt which I often miss as I assume a page reload means the action has been completed)

A more ambitious user interface (again using a lot of javascript) would be to allow drag-dropping of cards from your main deck to your sideboard and back again, or from a search to your deck.

Would be interested to hear what you think of these ideas.
Posted 18 February 2010 at 21:45

Tell me about it! I tried deleting a few cards from a deck the other day... What a knightmare! I'd like to do some fancy popup thing but for now (and this will be done in the upcoming update) we've replaced the stupid card removal refesh/confirm travesty with a simple JS popup confirmation box, so hopefully that will sort that one.

As for the deck building I think I'd agree, this would speed things up, I'll consider changing this. We do have a new bulk card importer on the way which lets you copy/paste in a list of card names and the system will run through and check to see if they exist in our database, if they do they are added to your deck.

Drag-dropping of cards... we can dream about this one for now. ;)
Posted 18 February 2010 at 23:05

[QUOTE=Gary]Drag-dropping of cards... we can dream about this one for now. ;)[/QUOTE]
I dont think it would actually be that difficult (and I amn't n00b-bullshitting here, I'm a web developer for a living), using say JQuery UI it would be pretty straight forward
Posted 19 February 2010 at 09:29

doesn't even need to be drag/drop...could just have links for each card(much like the delete X) that sends it from main deck to sideboard or vice versa
Posted 19 February 2010 at 19:56