Discussion Forum

Comments

the thing about MTG Vault that really bothers me is that you can't delete comments, or mark them as irrelevant or anything like that. This makes them vulnerable to trolls and just plain assholes (lalala, more specifically).This is why we need to be able to delete comments that we feel are not constructive.
Posted 20 February 2010 at 19:02

I posted my suggestion in the WOWTCg board not this one. I feel stupid.
Posted 20 February 2010 at 19:35

just repost it here or on bugs and problems (I was wondering why I couldn't find it)
Posted 20 February 2010 at 19:49

In the new release due tomorrow (touch wood) users can delete their own comments and report those they feel are abusive.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Posted 20 February 2010 at 20:36

[QUOTE=Ian]In the new release due tomorrow (touch wood) users can delete their own comments and report those they feel are abusive.

Hope that helps

Cheers[/QUOTE]
It helps but it's not enough. Several days ago I reported several comments from an individual who threatened to rape me. They're still there. Not faulting you guys, but the ability to delete comments on one's own decks would do a lot to preserve civility. And if people just decide to delete any comments which they don't like on their own decks, really, there's not a lot of harm done. If anything, negative comments will be worded more constructively, to avoid deletion.
Posted 23 April 2010 at 01:46

[quote=Salient]It helps but it's not enough. Several days ago I reported several comments from an individual who threatened to rape me. They're still there. Not faulting you guys, but the ability to delete comments on one's own decks would do a lot to preserve civility. And if people just decide to delete any comments which they don't like on their own decks, really, there's not a lot of harm done. If anything, negative comments will be worded more constructively, to avoid deletion.[/quote]

I totally agree. I'll add it to the list we're currently working through, enough is enough. Sorry about your bad experience, unfortunately people can be idiots sometimes. :(
Posted 23 April 2010 at 08:31

Users can now delete any comments on their decks ! I hope this solves some of the abusive behaviour I have seen on some of the decks.

The report functionality is still there (not on your decks or comments tho), so keep using that on other peoples decks / comments please :-)

Ian
Posted 29 April 2010 at 11:03

Awesomeness! :-)
Posted 01 May 2010 at 02:02