Discussion Forum

Create your own Card Contest: Timeshifted Edition

Hey, guys.

So, there was a pretty bitchin' card creating contest a couple of weeks ago, and I liked the idea so much that I wanted to start a new one. But there's a catch to this one.

Basically, whatever card you make HAS to be a timeshifted version of a card that already exists. This means that the card MUST be a different color than the card it timeshifts.

For example:

------------
Doopliss
Creature - Shapeshifter :mana3::manab:

You may have Doopliss enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield.

0/0
--------------

This is a timeshifted version of Clone, obviously. The character is from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Notice how Doopliss is a Black creature, while Clone is a Blue creature.

The card can be anything, but you have to note what it's from. You must also note the card that it timeshifts.

1'st place winner shall recieve 1,000,000 points.
2'nd place winner shall recieve some GOOD OL' FASHIONED COLA.
3'rd place winner shall recieve a hard roll with ketchup on it.

The contest shall end one week from today, and then we shall vote for 3 days on the winner.

GO!
Posted 26 February 2010 at 04:52

Dustflier :mana4::manau::manab:

Creature- Heartless Dragon

Whenever Dustflier attacks, you may pay :manax::manau::manab:. If you do, Dustflier deals X damage to target creature or player.

"They are easily the most powerful class of heartless. Prepare accordingly"
- Mission Intelligence

A remake of Flameblast Dragon. It is from Kingdom Hearts, 358 1/2 Days
Posted 26 February 2010 at 05:50

Kamahl, Pit Medic - 5:manaw:
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric

Haste
:symtap: : Prevent 3 damage to target creature or player

1/6
Posted 26 February 2010 at 09:58

Meddling Kids - :manag::manab:
Creature - Human Detective

As Meddling Kids enters the battlefield, name a nonland card.

The named card can't be cast.

Flavor Text: "I would have gotten away with it..."

2/2
Posted 26 February 2010 at 14:16

[QUOTE=mrgoodbytes]Meddling Kids - :manag::manab:
Creature - Human Detective

As Meddling Kids enters the battlefield, name a nonland card.

The named card can't be cast.

Flavor Text: "I would have gotten away with it..."

2/2[/QUOTE]

I realise that this is from Scooby-Doo, but you gotta remember to put what it's from. =p
Posted 26 February 2010 at 15:54

Millennium Falcon :mana5:
Legendary Artifact
:mana2: : Target creature gains flying until end of turn.
:mana5: : Destroy target creature with flying.
"Knocking them out of the sky in under 12 parsecs!"

From Star Wars (duh).
Based off Predator, Flagship.
Posted 26 February 2010 at 17:01

[QUOTE=MajinKirby]I realise that this is from Scooby-Doo, but you gotta remember to put what it's from. =p[/QUOTE]

I assumed that people would figure it out Lol.

Original card: Meddling Mage
Idea from Scooby Doo.
Posted 26 February 2010 at 19:10

Musashi, Sword Saint :mana5::manau::manau:
Legendary Creature - Human Samurai

Vigilance

Bushido 5

Indestructible

3/3

I have killed more men in duels than the average soldier kills in a lifetime
It is based on the real person Miyamoto Musashi (he is dead now). The reason for me to chose blue was rather simple, as Musashi was a great artist and an author, so the intellectual blue is the first to strike my mind.
Posted 27 February 2010 at 20:03

Kokiri Sword :manag:
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creatures gets +2/+1.
Equip :mana2:
-----------
This is the Timeshifted version of Trusty Machete.
The name comes from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (and LoZ:MM).
:D
Posted 27 February 2010 at 20:42

Uul Grockswane :mana2::manar::manar:
Goblin Planeswalker - Uul

[+1:] Search your library for a Goblin creature card that costs less than this cards mana cost and put it into play under your control. Shuffle your library.
[+1:] Target player or creature loses life equal to the number of Goblins on your side of the field.
[-7:] Search your library for any number of Goblin creature cards and put them onto your side of the battlefield. Shuffle your library. All Goblins have haste and +1/+1 until the end of turn.

[ 2 ]

I hate how you couls just bolt this puppy but it's still a cool idea. It's a remake of Nissa Revane for Goblins and I twisted a little bit and added a Goblin bushwhacker into the ultimate ability. The idea isn't really from anything but it is (once again) A NISSA REVANE FOR GOBLINS!!!!! I play around with Magic Set Editor and I made this card with that program and I even have a picture for it that seems to fit: http://www.marcusdublin.com/Goblin_Color_001.jpg

The last name is questionable, If anyone has a better name or batter theme go ahead and tell me.
Posted 27 February 2010 at 23:24

Chibisuke:manaw:

Creature- Chibi Dragon

Tiny(Chibisuke can't be blocked by more than one creature)

Haste

:manaw:(Chibisuke gains fling until the end of the turn)

Cannot be equipped or enchanted
1/1

Dragon from Dragon Drive an anime
Posted 28 February 2010 at 18:44

[QUOTE=Zeus_Bigbear]Uul Grockswane :mana2::manar::manar:

[+1:] Search your library for a Goblin creature card that costs less than this cards mana cost and put it into play under your control. Shuffle your library.
[+1:] Target player or creature loses life equal to the number of Goblins on your side of the field.
[-7:] Search your library for any number of Goblin creature cards and put them onto your side of the battlefield. Shuffle your library. All Goblins have haste and +1/+1 until the end of turn.

[ 2 ]

I hate how you couls just bolt this puppy but it's still a cool idea. It's a remake of Nissa Revane for Goblins and I twisted a little bit and added a Goblin bushwhacker into the ultimate ability. The idea isn't really from anything but it is (once again) A NISSA REVANE FOR GOBLINS!!!!! I play around with Magic Set Editor and I made this card with that program and I even have a picture for it that seems to fit: http://www.marcusdublin.com/Goblin_Color_001.jpg

The last name is questionable, If anyone has a better name or batter theme go ahead and tell me.[/QUOTE]

YES, PLEASE. :D
Posted 01 March 2010 at 01:28

[QUOTE=Zeus_Bigbear]Uul Grockswane :mana2::manar::manar:

[ 2 ]

[/QUOTE]

For your information the battlefield doesn't have sides, you cannot put something on your side of the battlefield.
Posted 02 March 2010 at 10:00

King of the Red Lions :mana2::manau:

Islandwalk
At the beginning of combat, unless you pay :manau: , whenever King of the Red Lions blocks or becomes blocked by a creature this combat, that creature gains first strike until end of turn.

This is your sentient boat in LoZ:WW.
Posted 03 March 2010 at 02:25

City Pigeons
:mana2: :manau:
This creature's power and toughness are equal to the number of city pigeons in play
*/*
HEY! THAT THING STOLE MY HOT DOG!!!
Blue timeshift of plague rats/relentless rats
Posted 03 March 2010 at 05:31

:mana2::manau::manau:
Professor Moriarty
Creature- Human Wizard

Play with the top card of your library revealed.

As long as the top card of your library is Blue, Wizard creatures you control get +2/+1 and are unblockable.

"You can't Kill the future."

"Right-oh, gents. It's another simulation gone mad, so murder and mayhem, standard procedure."

The archenemy of Sherlock Holmes... as a Vampire Nocturnus for blue...
wasn't sure which quote i liked better...
anyway.. thats my entry...
Posted 03 March 2010 at 15:47

Dexter - :manaw:
Instant

Remove target creature from the game. Its controller may search his or her library for a basic land card, put that card into play tapped, then shuffle his or her library.

"Dee dee, get out of my laboratory!"

From path to exile.
Posted 07 March 2010 at 20:30

[QUOTE=Seth]For your information the battlefield doesn't have sides, you cannot put something on your side of the battlefield.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that little mistake in the wording, but you get that it comes in under your control instead of it just coming into play, I wanted to specify that you would control it even though it should be a given. You didn't have to be rude about it, though.
Posted 07 March 2010 at 20:43

:manau: wattery pit
exile one target creature ,that opponite draws a card
Posted 18 March 2010 at 05:53

Ummmm.... I'm bored so here's another one:

Kanye West :mana2::manar:

Legendary Creature: Human Barbarian

:symtap:: Counter target spell unless its controller pays :mana1:

Morph :manar:

1/1

Imma gonna let you finish, but...

from the 2008 best song awards