Discussion Forum

Pulmonic Sliver vs Mill

I have a question regarding Pulmonic Sliver.
Basically would this render a sliver deck somewhat immune to mill, pulmonic sliver specifies "is put into graveyard", however it does not specify from the battlefield and since slivers are still slivers even if they are not in play it stands to reason that maybe if someone mills you with a card like Glimpse the Unthinkable that you might be able to mill down to your first sliver before fulfilling the remaining mill requirement by placing the top sliver into your grave before putting it back on top of your library a number of times.

This came up in a pretty big game, about 7 players. I was using my highlander sliver deck and I got milled, the table was quite split on the issue.
Posted 12 March 2010 at 13:43

as a rule, if it says put in the graveyard, it usually means from the battlefield unless it says 'from anywhere' Oracle text on Pulmonic may clarify this:

All Sliver creatures have flying.
All Slivers have "If this permanent would be put into a graveyard, you may put it on top of its owner's library instead."

Alright, it says permanent, that means from the battlefield.
Posted 12 March 2010 at 20:54

Well, 3 out of 7 of the magic players in that game were wrong then...
Posted 12 March 2010 at 20:56

it happens, we play a complicated game.
Posted 12 March 2010 at 20:58

That's why I've met more than a few people who slip the oracle text behind the regular card if they're playing an older card.
Posted 13 March 2010 at 14:23