Discussion Forum

Shroud Vs World Spells?

So we have this argument everytime me and the guys play, if something has shroud and i use a world spell such as destroy all creatures or anything like that does it said shroud creature die because it's not the actual target?
Posted 04 May 2010 at 23:34

shroud means that something can't be targeted by spells or abilities, enchanted by aura, equipped with equipment, fortified by fortifications and any other part I forgot

it doesn't make a creature "invulnerable" to effects in general

so yes a wrath of god would kill any creatures with shroud
Posted 05 May 2010 at 02:02

Hello. Didn't want to start a new thread, so it would be really kind of you if you could give a more precise definition in case of using mass spells, which still target one enemy player, actually, I'm mostly interested in Sleep vs Shroud ability. Thank you.
Posted 13 July 2010 at 21:31

Sleep doesn't target the creatures themselves. Merely the player they control. Creatures with shroud would be affected by this card. :D
Posted 13 July 2010 at 21:38

However if the player somehow got Shroud (with leyline of sanctity for example) Sleep would not work because you can't target either the player or the creature.
Posted 13 July 2010 at 23:28

[QUOTE=pastahunter]However if the player somehow got Shroud (with leyline of sanctity for example) Sleep would not work because you can't target either the player or the creature.[/QUOTE]

yeah, what he said :) this is quite important in the case of sleep because it does specify a target (the player).
Posted 14 July 2010 at 07:11

So I'm new to magic, trying to completely grasp the idea of shroud. If I have a leyline of sanctity on the field. Will it prevent my opponent from using an ice cage on my inferno titan, or will it only prevent anything that targets me?
Posted 21 July 2010 at 22:27

If you have shroud then YOU have shroud. If creatures/permanents have shroud then THEY have shroud.
Posted 22 July 2010 at 00:07

[QUOTE=Shadowex3]If you have shroud then YOU have shroud. If creatures/permanents have shroud then THEY have shroud.[/QUOTE]

That means the Leyline does not give your creatures shroud. =)

Edit: The Ice Cage will be able to affect your Titan.
Posted 24 July 2010 at 16:41