Discussion Forum

Indestructible

Ok, so how do you get around indestrucibiliy? Can I use tendrils on a creature who has this abilitiy or has an enchament of this ability?
Posted 08 June 2010 at 01:02

it's immune to damage and destruction effects.

ways to get rid of an indestructible creature:

remove it from play/exile,
return it to owner's hand,
force owner to sacrifice it,
lower it's toughness to 0(with a -x effect, this is not the same as damage).
Posted 08 June 2010 at 02:57

[QUOTE=Seras]it's immune to damage and destruction effects.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean you would gain no life from Tendrils of Corruption?
Posted 09 June 2010 at 11:11

no, you still deal the damage and gain the life, the creature just doesn't care about the damage =)
Posted 09 June 2010 at 14:05

[QUOTE=Seras]no, you still deal the damage and gain the life, the creature just doesn't care about the damage =)[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's what I thought, but since you said it was immune to damage I started to doubt that I was playing it correctly
Posted 09 June 2010 at 18:46

well immune isn't a keyword so it's not precise, was just trying to describe the interaction =)
Posted 09 June 2010 at 19:05

My favorite why to get ride of indestructible creatures is wither
Posted 12 June 2010 at 02:47

[QUOTE=Seras]well immune isn't a keyword so it's not precise, was just trying to describe the interaction =)[/QUOTE]

Immune to = has Protection from. Indestructibility can be thought of as Protection from Damage and Destroy effects.
Posted 13 June 2010 at 06:34

No, not protection from damage. If a 1/1 is enchanted with "indestructability", and I play "shock" on the creature and in another phase I play "disenchant" on "indestructability", the shock will still kill the 1/1 creature. An indestructable creature isn't destroyed by lethal damage, but the damage is not prevented.
Posted 22 June 2010 at 22:11

well Indestructibility says

"Enchant permanent

Enchanted permanent is indestructable (effects that say "destroy" don't destroy that permanent. An indestructable creature can't be destroyed by damage.)"

so yes the damage is still dealt it just doesn't kill it.

I use Indestructablility on "Palace Guard" with "Whisper Silk Cloak"
Posted 22 June 2010 at 22:29

Damage is only removed from creatures in the end step. If you manage to get rid of Indestructability, the creature suddenly can be destroyed by damage. It doesn't matter when the damage was dealt, since it is not prevented. I see it this way: if you make someone immortal, then stab him, and then unmake him immortal, he still dies if he hadn't recovered from the mortal wound yet. The same way is applied here. If I shock an indestructable creature enough to have killed it (weren't it indestructable) and then somehow remove the indestructability, the creature will die, because there's nothing that stops it from doing that now.
Posted 23 June 2010 at 10:35

Now THAT'S a typical MTG Mindbender... I'd like to hear a judge weigh in on that one because there's bound to be some "Fun" rules twists to do with it.
Posted 23 June 2010 at 22:05