Discussion Forum

Imprint Question

Can a Card, specifically Penoptic Mirror, be imprinted w/ more than 1 sorcery or instant at a time? Doesn't clarify in the wording. By the wording on the card you would be able to, but I cannot find the intricate rulings on Imprtint ability.

Thanks
Posted 08 June 2010 at 14:52

you can only imprint one card each time you activate the ability. if there's already a card imprinted on it you can imprint more on it later.
Posted 08 June 2010 at 17:45

That doesn't help. What I meant to ask is this...Can the Penoptic Mirror have two effects from two different cards on it?

IE- First turn I imprint a lightning bolt on it
Next turn I imprint a Time Warp on it.
On the 3rd turn's upkeep would it have BOTH spells on it? Would they both trigger? Would I only choose one? Or does imprinting the Time Warp "erase" the lightning bolt?

Sorry for the wording confusion. It's hard to describe this question.

Asmartfellow
Posted 16 June 2010 at 15:47

[QUOTE=asmartfellow]Can the Penoptic Mirror have two effects from two different cards on it? [/QUOTE]

yes

[QUOTE=asmartfellow]On the 3rd turn's upkeep would it have BOTH spells on it? Would they both trigger? Would I only choose one?[/QUOTE]

both spells would be imprint on it but you choose which one you want to copy onto the stack that turn.
Posted 16 June 2010 at 16:08