Discussion Forum

Stays Equipped?

I have a 1/1 creature. I cast Giant Growth to give it +3/+3 in main phase.
I attach the equipment "O-Naginata" to it. At end of turn when giant growth wears off does the O-Naginata remained equipped to it since it was 3 or more power when I originally equipped it?
Posted 16 June 2010 at 19:26

6/1/2005: O-Naginata becomes unattached if the equipped creature's power is less than 3 as state-based actions are checked.
Posted 16 June 2010 at 22:50

[QUOTE=Shadowex3]6/1/2005: O-Naginata becomes unattached if the equipped creature's power is less than 3 as state-based actions are checked.[/QUOTE]

yes but the creatures power is 4 at the time Giant growth wears of because O-Naginata grants +3/+0 or is the +3/+0 only applied after the first condition is checked?
Posted 17 June 2010 at 07:14

I had no idea that's why I only brought out the ruling in case a judge came by before I could find... This. An old google cache of a judge ruling on this exact question.

The trick is apparently that while the clause that it may only BE attached to something power 3 or greater is checked as a state-based effect, the P/T bonus of having it attached to begin with is a continuous-state with no interruptions or delays.
Posted 17 June 2010 at 07:31

so bottem line it stays attached because of it's own power boost. That's pretty cool :)
Posted 17 June 2010 at 09:42