Discussion Forum

Card Create Challange: GOBLINS FOR THE WIN

Hi everyone. Im here to talk about an interesting creature type of MTG: Goblins.

First of all... whats a Goblin?? A Goblin is a cheap (in converted mana cost) card, have a great power, a horrible toughness and effects that help a lot each other (like Goblin Chieftain and Goblin Lookout)

A Goblin can be the worst card in the Mtg like Goblin Rock Sled or can make the best strategy deck like Goblin Lackey or Warren Instigator.

Recently i saw a really nice way to use the goblins. Lets imagine i have two goblin's tokens in the battlefield (Dragon Fodder), a Goblin Guide and a Goblin King; to i get the maximum benefit of Goblin King's effect i can use the Bazaar Trader and give the opponent a mountain; then...CABOOM you win.

I mean, there are lots of spells that help goblins like Goblin War Strike , Goblin Grenade and Shared Animosity. But the enchantment that i most like is Goblin Caves; why someone created that card?? If enchanted land is a mountain goblins get +0/+2 so the opponent can cancel that effect with Spreading Seas...how sad.

But in the other hand goblins cant win everything, like elf decks it can be simple destroyed with Earthquake and Pyroclasm

And the challange im making here is to you create a Planeswalker that helps Goblins like Nissa Revane with the elfs :D
Posted 04 July 2010 at 19:17

Furt the Ascended - :manar::manar:
Planeswalker - Furt (Mythic Rare)
+1: Put a 1/1 red Goblin creature token onto the battlefield.
-1: Furt the Ascended deals damage equal to the number of Goblins you control to target creature or player.
-3: Until end of turn, Goblin creatures you control gain haste and get +X/+0, where X is the number of Goblins you control.

The lowest mana cost of any planeswalker ever--but also the lowest starting loyalty. Still, it can work.
Posted 04 July 2010 at 20:31

Wow, nice planeswalker you've created JDCyrus. It was really cool because you used the characteristics of the goblins (Low Converted mana cost, a Rubbish toughness and effects that help other goblins)
Posted 05 July 2010 at 16:58

Grathein The Wise:manar::manar::mana2::manab::manab:
Planeswalker - Grathein (mythic rare)
+2 - search your deck for any 1/1 goblin creature, and put it into your hand
-1 - Play 2 goblin cards from your hand, without playing their costs
-5 - All of your goblin cards have trample, double strike, haste, +3,+3, reach, swamp walk, sacrifice to do 1 damage to target creature or player and fear untill the end of the game

Starting Loyalty: 2

Slightly bigger than Furt The Ascended, but hopefully worth it.
Posted 05 July 2010 at 18:24

WOwww imagine this effect ''-1 -Play 2 goblins from your hand without paying their mana cost'' with Siege-Gang Commander and Goblin Chieftain!!!

BOOM 4 Goblins 2/2 and 1 Goblin 3/3 with haste!
Posted 05 July 2010 at 21:15

Grathein is broken in half.
Posted 05 July 2010 at 21:35

Ikiosha Bora. 2:manar::manar:
Planeswalker - ikiosha (mythic rare)
+1 - target creature can't block this turn.
-3 - sacrifice any number of goblins, deal X damage to target creature or player where X is twice as many goblins as were sacrificed.
-5 - creatures you control gain +1+0 and haste while all creatures target opponent controls cannot block this turn.

Starting Loyalty: 3

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SEXYYYY!!!!:D

there are rules for planeswalkers. you have to cost at least four and there is a 2 turn to ultimate, except for a select few (Jace and Elspeth) and some others. be careful when making a planeswalker. in M10 the 4 costers arent that amazing. in zendikar the 5 costers were okay in a pinch and the 1 6 coster (sorin) is never used.
Posted 05 July 2010 at 21:47

Ker- Glump
:mana2::manar::manar:

+1: Search your library for a goblin creature card with converted mana cost 3 or less. Reveal it and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
-1: Sacrifice a Goblin. Deal 5 damage to target player.
-4: Search your library for X goblins, where X is the number of goblins on the battlefield under your control or in your graveyard, and put them into play under your control, then shuffle your library. All goblins gain haste until end of turn.

Starts with 2 counters.
Posted 06 July 2010 at 07:01

Wow, this exceeded my expectations ... I did not expect so many people accept the challenge. All of them are very good
Posted 06 July 2010 at 15:27

[QUOTE=JDCyrus]Grathein is broken in half.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you mean JDCyrus, the ultimate effect is greatly exaggerated, but I think that what really counts is the fun.
Posted 06 July 2010 at 15:28

Auntie Grub - :mana2::manar::manar:
Planeswalker - Grub (Mythic Rare)

+1: Search your library for any number of goblin cards, reveal them and put them on top of your library in any order, draw a card

0: Sacrifice a goblin, Auntie Grub deals 3 dmg to target creature or player

-1: Put 2 1/1 Red Goblin creature tokens into play

Starting loyalty: 2

might not be quite as cool as furt the ascended, but with all the tales of auntie Grub, there should be a PW version :D
Posted 07 July 2010 at 07:36

Rakiwa - :mana2::manar::manar::manar::manar:

Plainswalker - Rakiwa (Mythic)

+1: Sacrifice a Goblin
-2: Play a Goblin spell from your hand without paying it`s mana cost.
-10: Put any number of Goblin cards from your library into play, they all gain +4/+4 and Haste, sacrifice them at the end of your turn.

Loyality: 3

I think, if this was real, it`d be great to have.
Posted 07 July 2010 at 10:00

Squee The Omnificent::mana2::manar::manar:
Starting Loyalty: 3
Planeswalker- Squee
+1: Deal 2 damage to target creature you control. If you do, deal 4 damage to target creature an opponent controls.
-2: Sacrifice A Goblin: Search your library for any goblins with total casting cost :manax: where :manax: is the converted mana cost of the sacrificed goblin minus one.
-6: Sacrifice all goblins you control. For each goblin sacrificed this way deal 3 damage to your opponent. If You sacrifice 5 or more, this damage cannot be prevented
Posted 09 July 2010 at 02:03

Glub the Magnificent! - :manar::manar:
Planeswalker - Glub (Mythic Rare)
-1: Put a goblin from your hand into play. It gains haste until the end of the turn.
-1: Sacrifice a goblin. Glub the Magnificent! deals damage equal to the total power of all goblins in play.
-1: All Goblins get +1/+0 for each goblin in play and have trample.

It would be insane for my goblin deck... maybe a little too powerful.
Posted 10 July 2010 at 01:56