Discussion Forum

Question about effect orders

So lets say i play

Wheel of Sun and Moon:

Enchant player

If a card would be put into enchanted player's graveyard from anywhere, instead that card is revealed and put on the bottom of that player's library.

and my opponent plays

Leyline of the Void:

If Leyline of the Void is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it on the battlefield.

If a card would be put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.

What would happen? There are no stacks with this. I also have problems like this with cards that say at the beginning of the upkeep do this. How do you determine which triggers first?
Posted 10 July 2010 at 21:56

I believe the active player determines in which order the abilities resolve if abilities trigger at the same time. So if it's your turn, and something goes into your graveyard, first put Leyline on the stack, and then Wheel, otherwise your card gets exiled. If it's your opponent's turn, he might as well choose to do the opposite.
Posted 11 July 2010 at 14:21

but you don't control one of the cards. why would you be allowed to choose how it goes?
Posted 11 July 2010 at 16:58

Quoting from the rulebook:
"What happens if more than one ability triggers at the same time? The active player's abilities are put on the stack, in whatever order that player chooses. Then the opponent's abilities are put on the stack, in whatever order the opponent chooses."

Following this rule, if it's your turn, the Wheel would be put on the stack first, then the Leyline. This means that first, the card is exiled, and then it's put on the bottom of your librar. (It's no illegal target because the ability doesn't target anything, it just says something about a card being put somewhere.)
Posted 11 July 2010 at 18:24

where in the rule book did you find this?
Posted 12 July 2010 at 16:41

first of I'm not 100% sure about this (we need a judge in here) but in case of leyline and wheel I think the card that came in play last takes precedence.
Posted 13 July 2010 at 06:53

[QUOTE=Superman]where in the rule book did you find this?[/QUOTE]

in my 7th edition rulebook it was on page 17. It's the last paragraph of the part that says "How Do I Play a Triggered Ability?" just above the part about the Stack.
Posted 13 July 2010 at 15:30