Discussion Forum

Deck Challenge: Ridiculous Combo

I wanna see the most bizzare extremely clunky or weird combo. I dont mean like a 3-4 card combo im talking like taking a combo that normally takes 3-4 cards and instead making it take 6 cards.

EX: My friends pretty wealthy, so he could have afforded a good standard deck, jund or even super friends. Instead, he used the combo Where he played selective memory, removed nothing, then got sorin to use the ability of controlling next turn, used bazaar trader to give them wrexial, passed turn, attacked himself with wrexial, activated selective memory, and exiled every nonland card inm their library from the game.
Posted 11 July 2010 at 13:57

holy damn, that is ridiculous
Posted 11 July 2010 at 14:39

erm... idk if this counts but heres my infinite loop deck
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=75038
its a :manar::manaw::manau: deck with about 10 infinite loops
Posted 12 July 2010 at 01:48

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=72411 my impossible combo sorin deck. gilder bairn adds counters to sorin equal to the number of counters on sorin but with doubling season, it ads twice that so sorin now has enough counters on him to control my opponents turn every time. on my turn i have isochron scepter with silence imprinted on it so i can prevent them from using spells on my turn. so there is absolutely nothing they can do
Posted 12 July 2010 at 07:44

Actually... I have done the sorin combo but on TWO people, controlling both their turns and making them kill each other, then when one died i just made the other one do nothing for the rest of the game until i got kill shot
Posted 12 July 2010 at 13:37

Two years ago, after Eventide came out, I was looking for uses for Spitting Image and eventually stumbled upon the most insanely complicated combo that has ever been discovered as far as I know.

Just for fun, I'm making it into a puzzle. Below is a list of all the cards required for the combo to work, in alphabetical order. Note that every one of these cards was legal in Standard at the time I thought of the combo (otherwise many parts of it could probably be a lot more efficient). The first person to figure out what it does, and how, wins a virtual chocolate chip cookie.

Dryad Arbor
Emblem of the Warmind
Grim Harvest
Magus of the Coffers
Nantuko Husk
Pili-Pala
Spitting Image
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Utopia Vow

You also need 12 other lands.

Good luck!
Posted 13 July 2010 at 22:52

Wow... This is gonna be tough. Lemme see whaat i can do
Posted 16 July 2010 at 22:52

Ok..... All 14 lands in play, emblem enchanting pila pala, magus, or nantuko, utopia on pila pala.

-Tap Dryad, urborg, and all 12 lands, colors do not matter.---14 mana floating
-tap pila pala for blue/green, then pay 2 of the mana to add another blue/ green.----13 mana- 2 blue
-tap magus, adding 14 black to mana pool ---25 mana floating, 2 blue, lot of black
-Sac arbor to nantuko, then play grim harvest returning arbor, play spitting image, copying magus of coffers, sacrifice the first magus, pay recovery on grim--- 14 mana floating

Now its back to the beginning. Its an infinite power and toughness combo, right? Because now you can retrace by discarding arbor and keep copying the copy of the magus
Posted 16 July 2010 at 23:12

[QUOTE=Irrelevant]Ok..... All 14 lands in play, emblem enchanting pila pala, magus, or nantuko, utopia on pila pala.

-Tap Dryad, urborg, and all 12 lands, colors do not matter.---14 mana floating
-tap pila pala for blue/green, then pay 2 of the mana to add another blue/ green.----13 mana- 2 blue
-tap magus, adding 14 black to mana pool ---25 mana floating, 2 blue, lot of black
-Sac arbor to nantuko, then play grim harvest returning arbor, play spitting image, copying magus of coffers, sacrifice the first magus, pay recovery on grim--- 14 mana floating

Now its back to the beginning. Its an infinite power and toughness combo, right? Because now you can retrace by discarding arbor and keep copying the copy of the magus[/QUOTE]
That's basically how it works.

http://www.baconbabble.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/chocolate-chip-cookie-great1.jpg
Posted 17 July 2010 at 00:45

WOO! Im totally building a deck with that xD
Posted 17 July 2010 at 01:36