Discussion Forum

EDH Destruction!

:manag::manar:Hello! Hope that all of you are doing fine and what not. I have decided to create an EDH deck. It will be used quite a bit, and I would like it to consistently win. It will be up against other good decks in casual, so all ideas will be considered.

What is an EDH deck?
An EDH deck is a deck using 100 cards, and only one of each type of card (so only one llanowar elf, one lightning bolt e.t.c). The deck is 'ruled' by a general. The general must be legendary. The cards must only be the colour of the general. If you had a general that needed :manab::mana1::mana1::mana1: the deck would only be allowed to have cards with a black cost in it. SO you could be better having a general with a blue and black mana cost...

What Are the Requirements?
The deck should have a green and red general, and obviously the deck will be green and red. Ideally it should be able to burn the opponent untill you get out a bunch of big creatures with trample to finish them off, if they arent already dead. Should also have some removal - like naturalise, gleeful sabotage and back to nature. If you want to include any m11 you can, as long as you say so, and state what cards you want to put in. It can be any legality, with any cards, but there is one more condition - it cannot be too expensive. So no vengevines, gaes cradle e.t.c, as i am rather poor.

Enjoy!:manag::manar:
Posted 12 July 2010 at 18:20

Well, I hope you don't mind adding a little blue to the mix, because this is the best I got.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=71797

Valakut Mana Acceleration. As the only legend with it's colors, Intet, the Dreamer will be leading the charge.
Posted 12 July 2010 at 20:44

I want to make an attempt at an EDH deck. I have never made one before. I have a few questions. How much land should be in an EDH deck? can a deck with a R/G general have artifacts/colorless(eldrazi)?
Posted 14 July 2010 at 04:29

It is a good idea to havevaround 40 land, split evenly between red and green. I think you can have artefacts, but for this challenge I would rather their not be any eldrazi. Edh is meant to be one of the best formats - go ahead and make a good deck!
Posted 14 July 2010 at 07:11

just for your information green and red are the two worst colors in multiplayer games which is what EDH is all about. It always comes down to cardadvantage or the lack thereof. Green and Red don't like long games unless they have other colors like blue to give them a push.

Now I'm not saying that an RG EDH deck can't win a game but it won't win often. I know a ex-judge who plays a killer green deck that combos out on Gaea's cradle and Greater Good but I wouldn't say it's his best deck by far and he's a very good player which plays an important part.

In my experience, and EDH is about the only thing that I still play in casual, EDH is a game of boardsweeping every few turns, cardadvantage and playing the big guns, big game turning threats.

To start out try a general with blue in its cost. Esper colors are good, grixis colors are good, bant colors are good. Jenara is for instance a very powerful general in one on one games, a good one to start with. Traximundar is fun too.

anyway good luck, EDH is the only way to play magic
Posted 14 July 2010 at 12:39

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=75813

Thats my attempt. I have no idea how EDH decks play, but I wanted to give this a try. On a side note, I bought a ROTE booster pack today, and pulled a vengevine. I thought of you right away...lol.
Posted 15 July 2010 at 00:03

[QUOTE=Seth]just for your information green and red are the two worst colors in multiplayer games which is what EDH is all about. It always comes down to cardadvantage or the lack thereof. Green and Red don't like long games unless they have other colors like blue to give them a push.

Now I'm not saying that an RG EDH deck can't win a game but it won't win often. I know a ex-judge who plays a killer green deck that combos out on Gaea's cradle and Greater Good but I wouldn't say it's his best deck by far and he's a very good player which plays an important part.

In my experience, and EDH is about the only thing that I still play in casual, EDH is a game of boardsweeping every few turns, cardadvantage and playing the big guns, big game turning threats.

To start out try a general with blue in its cost. Esper colors are good, grixis colors are good, bant colors are good. Jenara is for instance a very powerful general in one on one games, a good one to start with. Traximundar is fun too.

anyway good luck, EDH is the only way to play magic[/QUOTE]

Ok thats cool. Well in that case, you may have any colour EDH deck - as long as you dont have a stupidly expensive general (but if you make a fab Rofellos deck, I wouldnt object to him...)
Thanks for the advice seth.Nice!

Also, set_abominae666 that is a nice deck. Quite cool - pulling a vengevine... I wonder if I would get a baneslayer angel if i had a Booster Pack. Isn't it like 1/8 of getting a mythic rare...

Anyway, anymore ideas are appreciated!
Posted 15 July 2010 at 18:25

yeah, its suppose to be 1/8 for getting a mythic. I bought 2 eldrazi boosters yesterday. First pack I opened I got a Hellcarver Demon. I thought that was cool, but there was no way I was going to get another mythic in my second pack. (still trying for 1 of the big 3 eldrazi's for my deck). Opened the second pack and it was vengevine...what are the odds. lol
Posted 15 July 2010 at 19:43

Cool. I was wondering, if the odds are 1/8 surely it is slightly different for the big 3? Maybe 1/12? I only know one person with an Emrakul, and he traded it. I wouldn't half love a few Emrakuls.... :)
Posted 15 July 2010 at 19:47

apperently they gave Emrakul out as a promo card during the pre-release party of ROTE. I wish I had a card shop around me that would do an event like that. If you do the math on the chances of getting a mythic in a pack (1/8) and there are 15 mythics in the set...3 of which are the big 3 eldrazi, then you have a 1/5 shot of getting a big 3 within that 1/8 shot at a mythic...if my math is right that means you have a 1/40 shot at pulling a big 3...ewww, I dont like those odds...lol
Posted 16 July 2010 at 01:38

Neither do I :)but some of the rates are good... Like artistan of kozilek. Do you think that emrakul would make a good general? Juust use a bunch of eldrazi spawn. That would be a challenge... I wonder if anyone could make an EDH deck with emrakul as the general... Actually, that can be the other challenge! ( I am to easily distracted...:))
Posted 16 July 2010 at 05:31

[QUOTE=08merlin527]Neither do I :)but some of the rates are good... Like artistan of kozilek. Do you think that emrakul would make a good general? Juust use a bunch of eldrazi spawn. That would be a challenge... I wonder if anyone could make an EDH deck with emrakul as the general... Actually, that can be the other challenge! ( I am to easily distracted...:))[/QUOTE]

Well, I think you could... but he's colorless... so that means you could only have colorless cards within your 100 card deck. Don't get me wrong, you could go pure artifacts... and still be able to pull it off, but it could be rather complicated.
Posted 16 July 2010 at 08:02

I agree. It would be complicated. But extremely fun to play with!
Posted 16 July 2010 at 17:00