Discussion Forum

Deck Challenge: Black, Red, Blue

I've been looking to make a :manau::manab::manar: deck for quite some time, but they usually always have too many themes going on to be effective. So I thought I'd post here to see what you all can come up with.

Some limitations:
-Around $50. Cards from ChannelFireball are usually the cheapest around.
-Keeps relatively true to the overall elements of each color. (i.e. control, discard, burn).
-Not Grixis unearth based (but may contain grixis cards).
-Restricted to Legacy legal cards.
-Must have exceptional artwork. After all, the artwork is one of my favorite parts of MTG. Artists include but aren't limited to Raymond Swanland, Dan Scott, Chippy, VĂ©ronique Meignaud, Aleksi Briclot, Jason Felix, Philip Straub, Vance Kovacs, etc.
Posted 14 July 2010 at 19:04

always willing to help out but you gotta help me by telling me what cards are legacy legal and i'll see what i can come up with initially i was gonna do a leveler deck with nirkana cutthroat, guul draz assassin, zulaport enforcer, lord of shatterskull pass, kargan dragonlord, enclave cryptologist, venerated teacher, training grounds but thats tourny legal so i know it cant be legacy legal
Posted 16 July 2010 at 07:18

Sounds like it could be the makings of a decent deck. I should've specified that I didn't want banned cards thrown into the mix. So not so much legacy legal. Also, I'd prefer to stay away from the use of any infinite combo's.
Posted 16 July 2010 at 22:09

that was just something that sounded fun i should have specified as well I was wondering what SETS are legacy legal and i'll try to help out
Posted 17 July 2010 at 05:20

...The fact that you ask that confuses me D_Roc as all sets in magic history are legacy legal....there are a few selected banned cards they are found here:http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=judge/resources/sfrlegacy
So yeah...decks with anything from Alpha to M11 are legal.
P.S. My deck is almost done, I'll edit my post soon with it up.

Edit:http://www.mtgvault.com/EditDeck.aspx?DeckID=76741
Came out to about $30, and if you didn't like the art on most of these cards, I did...Chainer's Edict, The Ultimatum and Elder Mastery have my favorite art among them
Posted 17 July 2010 at 15:26