Discussion Forum

card legality question

Hi, new player here.

For standard format if I have say Pacifism from Sixth Edition, is it as legal as a M11 Pacifism? Or do you have to have cards specifically from the current set.

Thanks!
Posted 19 July 2010 at 04:13

If it's reprinted in the new set, the old version of the card is still legal. As far as I know, unless the wording has changed.
Posted 19 July 2010 at 06:53

it's legal (even if the wording changed and in such case the current wording would be applied)
Posted 19 July 2010 at 09:51

[QUOTE=Seth]it's legal (even if the wording changed and in such case the current wording would be applied)[/QUOTE]

^^^ This. I have a friend that uses a bunch of old lightning bolts just for fun.
Posted 19 July 2010 at 16:55

[QUOTE=Shadowex3]^^^ This. I have a friend that uses a bunch of old lightning bolts just for fun.[/QUOTE]

So do I, I always try to use the earliest possible versions of cards I can get my hands on. Not that I have any alpha or beta cards but other then those, all the way!!! :)
Posted 19 July 2010 at 17:09

funny, i tend to use the newer versions, can't stand those old coloured borders, so horribly ugly.
Posted 19 July 2010 at 17:52

[QUOTE=Seras]funny, i tend to use the newer versions, can't stand those old coloured borders, so horribly ugly.[/QUOTE]

old cards have either white or black borders, there's no coloured borders (unless you count white as a colour). Like most poeple I too prefer black bordered cards.
Posted 19 July 2010 at 19:28

fine, replace "border" with whatever term you use to refer to the coloured frames around the card.

background?
Posted 19 July 2010 at 19:34