Discussion Forum

Crystalization question

so I just started learning MTG 3 weeks ago. I'm pretty deep already but there's a situation my two MTG veteran friends seem to disagree on. I use "crystalization" in one of my decks quite a bit. It enchants the target creature not allowing them to attack or block and if a spell or ability cast on them they are destroyed. My friend who of course relies on a lot of dispell cards says that dispell attacks the enchantment not the creature which wouldn't destroy him. My other friend who doesn't rely on dispell cards says that no the enchantment becomes teh creature as in the creatures staus is crystalized and anything you do destroys it. I of course want the latter to be true but in gameplay I haven't pushed the issue. anyone know the official stance?
Posted 06 May 2009 at 17:37

the creature would not die if the enchantment is destroyed. because the spell targets crystalization not the creature. OK! it's just attach to the creature it does not become part of the creature.
Posted 08 May 2009 at 03:26

ok got it, no need to shout. it was just a question.
Posted 08 May 2009 at 13:10

wasn,t shouting just letting you know. any more Q. just leave me a message in my profile.:)
Posted 08 May 2009 at 15:13

I have come across this issue once, and I totally agree with you and bossman.
Posted 09 May 2009 at 00:34

PS: make sure ur friend reads this thread...
Posted 09 May 2009 at 00:35