Discussion Forum

Statistics

The title may be more technical than my suggestion, but maybe a sidebar can be added with different stats of the deck, for example, avg mana cost of the deck, the difference of percentages of certain colors the deck has as opposed to its other colors. I think this would help in deck building and a give a better perspective on the decks mechanic's. Other than that the site is awesome keep up the good work.
Posted 08 May 2009 at 03:41

Hey Erge,

This is something I really want to do but I've very little spare time at the moment (again) so I'm unsure when I can work on the site. But yes, stats are coming!
Posted 08 May 2009 at 14:26

have you considered getting an assistant to help with this site, if you ask i might be able to help find one for you ( they even work for free) one of my many friends on my game developing team could probobly help out.
Posted 21 May 2009 at 23:59

I know this is quite an old thread - but what sort of statistics would people be interested in? I don't really play MTG, so am not sure what would be most useful!

Few ideas:

Average cost
% Of Colours
% Type splits

Fancy graphs? :-)

Ian
Posted 08 October 2009 at 16:01

Ive seen these in other deck sites:

Avrg. Mana Cost
ratio of colors
ratio of creatures to spells to lands
and some others i cant recall
Posted 11 October 2009 at 17:53

what's already been mentioned, and if possible a display to the right of the name indicating the actual mana cost of the individual cards (only seen when editing the deck). this would mostly be helpful when playing multi-colored cards since the stats would be a bit harder for the computer to generate in a meaningful manner for these.
Posted 16 October 2009 at 21:25

I just wanted to put in my AYE for stats. New to the site and I like it quite a bit. Good job so far guys. I look forward to when stats make it in.
Posted 17 October 2009 at 00:26

http://www.tappedout.net/
the deck building system sucks big time, but it should give you a decent idea of what stats people are looking for if you click on a deck.
Posted 20 October 2009 at 04:51

[QUOTE=Cerwyn]http://www.tappedout.net/
the deck building system sucks big time, but it should give you a decent idea of what stats people are looking for if you click on a deck.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I mentioned tappedout in a different thread myself. Merge these two websites and you have one great one. I build the deck here then copy and paste it into tappedout. Some of Tappedout's graphical information is a bit vague though. I'd like more number's and percentages shown in the graphs.
Posted 20 October 2009 at 21:55

[QUOTE=ibjeepr]I agree, I mentioned tappedout in a different thread myself. Merge these two websites and you have one great one. I build the deck here then copy and paste it into tappedout. Some of Tappedout's graphical information is a bit vague though. I'd like more number's and percentages shown in the graphs.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I like tappedout's idea but it isn't specific enough
Posted 25 November 2009 at 02:18

http://www.anycraze.com/deck_viewer.asp?id=394577

Statistics like whats on anycraze would also work wonders.
Posted 13 January 2010 at 10:50