Discussion Forum

Deck Challenge: Bear Charger Combo

So here's the combo: Hellkite Charger and Bear Umbra equals infinite combats. I just need help designing the deck. Keep in mind that the seven mana has to come from lands for the combo to work. Post your ideas and lists, or just comment on the master list here.
It's pretty basic right now, but if you guys have any suggestions, that would be awesome. :)
Also, please keep it standard legal. And since M10 and Shards block are both rotating soon, I try to stay away from those sets (hence no Rampant Growth).
Posted 08 August 2010 at 04:38

you're clearly going to need a bunch of lands. I reccomend

cultivate, rampant growth, journey of discovery, etc.

also a way to get hellkite charger and Bear umbra to your hand quickly.
Posted 08 August 2010 at 18:12

since its r/g, fauna shaman would be a good way to get the hellkite fast..oracle of mul daya for some mana ramp, the basic land grab stuff..maybe use Totem-Guide Hartebeest to grab the umbra if you dont care to splash white
Posted 09 August 2010 at 04:38

I just thought of something.

get khalni heart expeditions. if you have a couple of them on the field, and use cultivate or harrow like a catalyst, it could get easily get enough lands for hellkite charger and bear umbra. if you put 2-4 of each of those cards in the deck... chances are you'll have more than enough lands. and fauna shaman is also good for getting hellkite charger.

I'd say have...
4x khalni heart expedition
2-3x harrow
2-3x cultivate

It might sound like alot. but it should work. and if you think you'll have too much mana... you could also put some cards like fireball and blaze in there too...
Posted 30 August 2010 at 06:32

if you didn't mind putting blue in there, you can always use khlani garden for tokens put in a few polymorphs and no creature but the hellkite and all mana ramp cards cultivate harrow rampant growth and explore and maybe a garruk
Posted 25 September 2010 at 04:22