Discussion Forum

Making Deck Entry Easier

I humbly suggest that you guys take steps to make Deck Entry easier. As-is it's a giant pain to put in a full 75. Having the option to put in a set number from the search screen would be great (Add 4 or Add 1) as well as putting more into the bulk import. Bulk Import works really well so far and I like it, but I would like it if, instead of 1x, 2x, 3x, etc. it was just # CARD, with just the space in-between. For those of us on here who use Magic Workstation or Apprentice (I think Apprentice uses this format) it makes uploading a whole lot easier. Well, hopefully I gave you guys some ideas at least.
Posted 23 August 2010 at 12:40

[QUOTE=NightLoki]Bulk Import works really well so far and I like it, but I would like it if, instead of 1x, 2x, 3x, etc. it was just # CARD, with just the space in-between. [/QUOTE]

And make your regular expression that parses the lines a bit stronger. Currently it must be #x[space]card. It's so easy to have it recognize the 'x' or not and multiple spaces and or tabs.

something like this should do it (I didin't test it, just from the top of my mind so sorry if it doesn't work)

^([1-9]+[0-9]*)x?\s*(.*)$

flags: im

Should work in php.
Posted 23 August 2010 at 13:22

thanks to my small amount of research on regex, I actually know what that means...mostly.
Posted 24 August 2010 at 06:07

Hi Guys

Thanks for the input! We were working on a process where you could just upload MWS .mwDeck files, but had to put this on hold.

Agree we need to update the stored procedure/regex to be a bit more robust, we'll have a look at it, possibly next! Need to sort out this rating shenanagins first. I use the bulk importer on the WoW site fairly often and have noticed a few niggles in it as well :p

This could take a while to implement, as Gary has just moved house and I've just had a baby! So that's why were a bit AWOL atm, but don't worry, we are still reading the forums, pretty much daily :)

Cheer guys, thanks for sticking at the current system!

Ian
Posted 24 August 2010 at 08:16

Seth: That regex works a charm btw - oh and the sites are in .NET not php :) but it still works fine.

Was working on the bulk importer last night, it's amazing how much I've learnt since it was written, made 9999 lines of code into about 15 :p

Ian
Posted 01 September 2010 at 12:18

Is it up yet?
Posted 01 September 2010 at 14:58

Not yet - still some more tweaking to be done :)

Soon....!

Ian
Posted 01 September 2010 at 16:09

Sweet, thanks for all the hard work!
Posted 01 September 2010 at 16:17

Hello

I;ve updated the bulk importer, so you should now be able to use 1x CardName, or 1 CardName, or even paste from a mwsDeck file.

There MAY be some issues with punctuation, but let me know!

Oh, and it's miles faster to actually compute that the old one :-)

Cheers

Ian
Posted 03 September 2010 at 14:47

Gonna go put in like three decks now, thanks!
Posted 03 September 2010 at 15:17

That was fantastic, cut, paste, and done! Great job Ian!
Posted 03 September 2010 at 15:21

Brilliant :)
Posted 03 September 2010 at 15:22

Much, much nicer than the old one, well done! :)
Posted 03 September 2010 at 15:35

[QUOTE=Ian]Seth: That regex works a charm btw - oh and the sites are in .NET not php :) but it still works fine.

Was working on the bulk importer last night, it's amazing how much I've learnt since it was written, made 9999 lines of code into about 15 :p

Ian[/QUOTE]

I'm a .NET developer myself, I just thought the site was php because the forum seems to be php based (or so the page extensions would suggest).

Anyway, you're welcome :)
Posted 06 September 2010 at 12:57