Discussion Forum

Deck Challenge: BBB a.k.a. "Badass Bronze Bombshell!"

Hi everyone.
In my neverending search for fun ways of crushing opponents, I found this wonderful card: Bronze Bombshell. Don't you know it? It's a rare from Dissension, an Artifact Creature, 4/1 coming in with 4. It's effect? "When a player other than Bronze Bombshell's owner controls it, that player sacrifices it. If the player does, Bronze Bombshell deals 7 damage to him or her."

So, in this challenge let's create an awesome deck with the most fun cards to have BB activate its effect!

Here are a few necessary limitations:
- The deck must be exactly 60 cards.
- Obviously it must contain the Bombshell :rolleyes:, you choose the number of copies.
- The deck can be any tournament type, feel free to use any cards you want.

So, let's begin! And have fun with my dearest Bombshell! Obviously there's no budget limit.
Posted 31 August 2010 at 12:52

my first deck challenge submission. I'm just coming back to magic after many years on hiatus, but I'm happy with the result of this one:

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=90701

a red/blue artifact deck with a couple of ways to get the Bronze Bombshell to your opponent (Bazaar Trader, Custody Battle) and then get it back out of the graveyard(Goblin Welder).

I added jinxed idol to work well with the deck plan, lightning bolt to round out the damage from bombshell. Pilgrim's eye and mind stone should help speed up the deck a bit too while providing fodder for the welder.

oh. and the budget isn't too bad. probably the Vexing Shusher I added to make blue players cry is the most expensive at around $3

Added blue to the deck for puca's mischief and cemetery puca. I could go further into blue but I like where it is for now.
Posted 31 August 2010 at 17:56

I actually made this deck before the challenge but I believe it fits the bill.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=84696

It's a quirky deck that rushes out free creatures with the ultimate goal of Mirrorweaving them all into Bronze Bombshells and giving them away with Sky Swallower.

Impractical? Yes, but I've never let that stop me before.

Actually Awakening Zone is a godsend. Not only does it pop out more creatures to Bronzify but it helps speed you along to the magical 9 mana needed to pull this combo off.
Posted 03 September 2010 at 06:17

a casual deck that I made a while back. Bronze Bombshell is not the focus of the deck but it is a good part of it.

Mischief Managed
Posted 05 September 2010 at 18:25