Discussion Forum

Deck Challenge: Bands

Well, I had this idea. I haven't seen it on here before, and if it is, and I missed it, sorry for the overlap.

I would like to see decks based on bands. Standard or Extended is fine by me. I think this is a really neat idea. Use whatever colors you'd like. It just needs to use cards that fit in with the band's personality and/or their lyrics. Even their name, if possible.

It would be nice if it was competitive, but that is not a requirement!

For example, one band I would like to see done is We Came As Romans. I could see them being :manaw: based solely off of their lyrics, and since their album is titled "To Plant A Seed," you could even include some :manag: . Of course, a lot of metal bands would be black. That might be too easy. Haha. But its not limited to any genre. Run with it.

Anyways, name the deck after the band and post it here! :)
Posted 05 September 2010 at 15:54

Is my challenge that uninteresting? Or is it too hard?
Posted 07 September 2010 at 00:06

In my opinion, its just too hard.
i thought about it, tried to go for deep purple, with the Black knight ( Is a long way from home....). but other than that, just cant find any card to match a song.
But now that i think about it, i could go for something with system (of a down) with of course no chance of it being competitive. ill try to find some card with name resembling their songs, but i cant promise anything
Posted 07 September 2010 at 16:49

steppenwolf - born to be wild deck based on wolfs and beasts.

ACDC - Thundershock instant damage deck with lightening bolt etc.

Nightwish - dead to the world vampire deck

Papa Roach - Between angels and insects white green angel and insect deck.

Wednesday 13 - I walked with a zombie Zombie deck lol

Wednesday 13 - Skeletons Skeleton deck

The Rasmus - Time to burn red elemental deck

Nightwish - I wish I had an angel Angel deck

Just so theres a few songs with deck themes
Posted 07 September 2010 at 18:46

Yeah, sorry then. Just wanted to try something different. Most deck challenges are too simple. Its a neat idea in theory, but not quite in practice.
Posted 08 September 2010 at 04:09

I've been toying with a Nine Inch Nails deck since Archenemy came out and I saw the scheme Nothing Can Stop Me Now. I mean, seriously, once you have that scheme, the deck screams to be built. I'll keep posting if it goes anywhere.
Posted 08 September 2010 at 15:40