Discussion Forum

Eldrazi confusion.

i want to buy a fat pack so i can make an aldrazi deck. i already have some of the awsum colorless one the besst i have is a holofoil it that betrays. but really, what are the odds in going to get one of those ridiculous mythic rare colorless eldrazi cards that are like essential to making a decent eldrazi deck, just a thot, any comments are appreciated, thanx.
:manab::manar::manag:
Posted 08 September 2010 at 19:36

I am afraid they are small.

If I remember correctly there is a mythic rare in 1 out of 8 booster packs. And there is 15 Mythic Rares in Rise of the Eldrazi and there is 3 of the legendary eldrazi, so if we assume every mythic rare has the same chance of appearing. There would be one of those legendary eldrazi in 1 out of 40 booster packs.
There are 8 booster packs in a fat pack so your chances are 8 to 40 or said with other words 20% of getting one of those by buying a fat pack.
Posted 08 September 2010 at 19:57

Kind of funny, actually. I only bought one fat pack of Eldrazi and ended up with Kozilek in the first pack, and about 5 other Eldrazi in the rest. So yeah, about 1 in 8 sounds right, depending on your luck.
Posted 08 September 2010 at 23:54

wow thats lame. hmph. sad face:( but ok. ill just have to hope for the best, then buy on ebay or trade or something. thats dudesl.
Posted 09 September 2010 at 18:11

i just started an eldrazi deck, the prices for those legendaries arent that bad atall on ebay (depends on your money situation i guess) but as an example, these are the cards i bought off ebay in the last week or two...

eye of ugin x1, $3.5
ulamog, the infinite gyre x4 $15
emrakul, the aeons torn x1 $4
kozilek, butcher of truth x2 $16 (wasnt happy with this one really, probably could have got em cheaper)
it that betrays x4 $6ish

and then everything else was pretty much cheaper than them. all those payed about $2 extra for postage each.

its not so bad, but thats about the price of a fat pack and you get exactly the cards you want. if you live in america then you can easily go to one of the big ebay retailers and buy a 4xcommons 4xuncommons eldrazi set for about $10... the only reason i havent is because its about $25 to ship it to england. all the commons and uncommons you could need are cheap enough anyways.

the only really expensive card in an eldrazi deck seems to be the primeval titans, so untill i find, or get enough cards to trade for them, im just going to make do without.
Posted 11 September 2010 at 09:07

Keep in mind that just buying 8 packs is cheaper than buying a fat pack (unless the place you're buying from has a screwed-up pricing system). The point of buying a fat pack is to get the swag, like a fancy 20-sided life counter and a beautiful booklet of all the cards. Also, you can buy packs one at a time, and stop when you hit a card you like.
Posted 17 September 2010 at 00:38