Discussion Forum

Demigod of revenge + Necromancy

Will work Demigod of revenge and necromancy? Will it return other demigods from grave?

There is written: "put that creature into play as though it were just played" and the effect of demigod triggers when you play him... so what? :DD thx for answers i am confused with this combo :):confused:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=153972&type=card

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=3621&type=card
Posted 26 September 2010 at 23:30

"when you play" means while casting the card. "comes into play" means that the card was not countered, so triggered abilities take effect. with the demigod, even if your still casting the creature, if you have 3 other demigods in the graveyard, then it goes in stack. the other gods is already in play even before the god that your casting is resolved. necromancy i believe would not work with the gods ability because you are not casting the god. it's being put in to play by the necromancy.
Posted 27 September 2010 at 00:04

I think that playing = casting.

And necromancy makes demigod behaves like it was just played...it is similar like if I tapped 5 mana and play it.

They can't write on the card special rule note for demigod :DDD and his ability which triggers "When" you cast him. So there is only written as though it was played ... meaning that you have just right now played this card so the abbility that he has "when you play" have to be triggered as well.:confused:
Posted 27 September 2010 at 00:45

The answer is NO, you need to cast it in order for the ability to trigger.

Cards that say 'like it was just played' have been re-worded

here is the new text for Necromancy

You may cast Necromancy as though it had flash. If you cast it any time a sorcery couldn't have been cast, the controller of the permanent it becomes sacrifices it at the beginning of the next cleanup step.
When Necromancy enters the battlefield, if it's on the battlefield, it becomes an Aura with "enchant creature put onto the battlefield with Necromancy." Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control and attach Necromancy to it. When Necromancy leaves the battlefield, that creature's controller sacrifices it.
Posted 27 September 2010 at 06:52

Ok thank's :mad:
Posted 27 September 2010 at 08:58

Can I ask why Necromancy is suddenly so popular on this site, I see it everywhere?

Both Animate Dead and Makeshift Mannequin are superior each in their own way, yet people play Necromancy.
Posted 27 September 2010 at 09:09

[QUOTE=Seth]Both Animate Dead and Makeshift Mannequin are superior each in their own way, yet people play Necromancy.[/QUOTE]

come again?

Animate Dead is one colorless cheaper but has a -1/0 penalty(which i guess is somewhat comparable) but doesn't have the instant option, so how is that superior?

Mannequin is more expensive and easier to undo.

at best they are more-or-less equivalent.. they are definitely not superior.
Posted 27 September 2010 at 16:49

[QUOTE=Seras]come again?

Animate Dead is one colorless cheaper but has a -1/0 penalty(which i guess is somewhat comparable) but doesn't have the instant option, so how is that superior?

Mannequin is more expensive and easier to undo.

at best they are more-or-less equivalent.. they are definitely not superior.[/QUOTE]

fair enough. I still would choose Mannequin over Necromancy every single time though (unless the 4 cost really fucks up my mana curve).
Posted 28 September 2010 at 07:43

[QUOTE=Seth]fair enough. I still would choose Mannequin over Necromancy every single time though (unless the 4 cost really fucks up my mana curve).[/QUOTE]

Why the hell would you choose Mannequin over Necromancy?

Is it because it costs more to play? Is it because you can't play it as an instant? Or is it because it's easier to get rid of the creature you put into play?

If you don't know what you're talking about just admit it, don't try to cover it up.
Posted 10 February 2011 at 19:39

LOL

random troll is random
Posted 10 February 2011 at 19:43

[QUOTE=Seras]LOL

random troll is random[/QUOTE]

Oh you think he's trolling? I just figured he wasn't very bright.
Posted 10 February 2011 at 19:57

lol nice try :rolleyes:
Posted 10 February 2011 at 20:07

[QUOTE=Seras]lol nice try :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Lol. Well I'm certainly not trolling. I was surfing Magic stuff on the interwebs and noticed some dude claiming he'd use Makeshift Mannequin every time before using Necromancy.

Which makes absolutely no sense. It costs more mana and it's easier to get rid of.

I don't see the advantage unless you're playing a deck that is specifically designed to remove counters.
Posted 10 February 2011 at 21:50

[QUOTE=TrevorBG]Lol. Well I'm certainly not trolling. I was surfing Magic stuff on the interwebs and noticed some dude claiming he'd use Makeshift Mannequin every time before using Necromancy.

Which makes absolutely no sense. It costs more mana and it's easier to get rid of.

I don't see the advantage unless you're playing a deck that is specifically designed to remove counters.[/QUOTE]

yeah welcome to the forum, we can use more poeple with your lack of insight.
Posted 11 February 2011 at 08:47

Go home...
Posted 11 February 2011 at 20:15

[QUOTE=Seth]yeah welcome to the forum, we can use more poeple with your lack of insight.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

I see a bunch of losers who are chapped because their logic has been so easily bested.

I don't however see one person challenging my assertion with facts.

You do know what logic and facts are correct?

Try again.

Edit: Oh wait... nevermind. Just one loser...
Posted 11 February 2011 at 23:17

[QUOTE=TrevorBG]I don't however see one person challenging my assertion with facts.[/QUOTE]

probably because no one is interested.

given that we're a bunch of losers and all.
Posted 11 February 2011 at 23:31

[QUOTE=Seras]probably because no one is interested.

given that we're a bunch of losers and all.[/QUOTE]

Sure. Kind of hard to counter with a logical and well thought out retort when none exists.

P.s. I edited my reply.
Posted 11 February 2011 at 23:33

The instant-speed option of Necromancy is unimpressive because it is so short-lived.

Makeshift Mannequin, jank though it is, has the same instant-speed utility (surprise blocker; leave lands untapped until the end of your opponent's turn, etc.), but the creature has a good chance of lasting longer.

So as instants (which is the way Seth was originally comparing them), I'd say Mannequin does indeed come out ahead.

When it comes to normal reanimation, I'd choose Necromancy for its lower cost and (usually) greater stability, but Mannequin's instant speed is certainly nice (especially against countermagic; the blue mage may be careful to leave lands untapped during your main phases, but he's bound to tap out sometime - such as the end of your turn).

(of course, I wouldn't ever use either; for normal reanimation I'd use cheap stuff like Exhume and Animate Dead, and if I wanted to pay more for instant-speed, I'd go all the way to Miraculous Recovery)
Posted 12 February 2011 at 02:59

makeshift is the only instant speed ressurection in the game and the downside is hardly ever relevant. If You want low cost necromancy is easily outclassed by other spells.
Posted 12 February 2011 at 12:00

Not gonna lie, this is a stupid argument. Clearly Gruesome Encore is superior to all.

Seriously though, arguing over MM and Necromancy? come on now guys, each has their own advantages and disadvantages, just like every card in magic. Almost every card (Dragon Appeasement is not Fecundity, sadly).
Posted 17 February 2011 at 03:55