Discussion Forum

seperate creatures from artifacts

Can you guys put artifact creatures under creatures and not under artifacts in the deck overview please. The fact that they are artifacts is not relevant most of the time. Most important seperation for a good overview is creatures, spells and land. Giving the artifact type priority makes no sense. (I'm guessing it's the same for artifact land)

The type breakdown screws up as well. If a creature is an artifact it is not added to the creature count while it should be added to both the artifact count and the creature count. The breakdown is completly useless like this.

Seth
Posted 30 September 2010 at 06:55

Hey Seth, this sounds like a fair request to me... I'll make the switch sometime soon hopefully! :)
Posted 30 September 2010 at 08:56

IMO, Artifact Creatures are unique enough, and have enough gameplay mechanics revolving around them, to warrant their own heading. So you'd have Artifacts, Artifact Creatures, and Creatures.

Just a thought :)
Posted 12 October 2010 at 05:34

[QUOTE=Gary]Hey Seth, this sounds like a fair request to me... I'll make the switch sometime soon hopefully! :)[/QUOTE]

This is great... its a minor annoyance. Could you do the same with Artifact Lands and Lands?
Posted 02 December 2010 at 21:37

Oh, and Gary...while you're at it, could you make me a sammich? :D

Just kidding, this is actually something that's bothered me as well. A fix would be pretty nice.
Posted 03 December 2010 at 07:09

For that matter artifact equips significantly differ from other artifacts because of the Equip cost (aswell as in the same way enchant creatures differ from global enchantments)

The problem is that the following outline would get a bit confusing:
[QUOTE]Lands
Artifact Lands
Mana Creatures
Artifact Mana Creatures
Artifacts
Artifact Equips
Artifact Creatures
Other Creatures
Enchant Creatures
Enchant Lands
Enchant Permanents
Other Enchantments
Planeswalkers
Instants
Sorcerys

Totals:
Max. Possible Mana Generation:
Total Artifacts:
Total Creatures:
Total Enchantments:
Total Other Spells:[/QUOTE]

Let's try not to go overboard with our expectations here. Artifact creatures should be listed under creatures and counted as both creatures and artifacts. Artifact lands should be counted as both artifacts and lands. Any further dissemination would be unnecessary. (Though a "Max Possible Mana" listing would be useful)
Posted 10 December 2010 at 13:50