Discussion Forum

Kuldotha Forgemaster

Ok I'm an oldschool magic player from back in 4th ed times recently returned to the game while I've managed to cope with most of the rule updates I would hope someone can clear up the following question. Under 4th ed rules this would work but under m11 I'm not sure.

sacrifice Kuldotha Forgemaster + 2 artifacts to the forgemasters ability
Fetch mimc vat
Kuldotha Forgemaster and 2 artifacts go into graveyard
imprint Kuldotha Forgemaster onto mimc vat.

the reason this worked under 4th ed rules was that sacrificed items didnt hit the graveyard until after the ability completed is this still true or does the items hit the graveyard before the vat comes into play.
Posted 07 October 2010 at 19:14

From what I've read, and the stack (which I'm still learning... all the time... lol)

The Mimic Vat wouldn't be able to copy the Forgemaster because it would have hit the graveyard prior to the Vat coming into play as per the Sac effect is a required cost for the ability and it has to resolve for the Vat to even come into play.

Please correct me if I'm wrong lol
Posted 07 October 2010 at 19:16

in this example the sacrifices are part of the cost so they go to the graveyard immediately and then the ability goes on the stack, then the ability resolves and you fetch/play the vat.

so no, the sacrifices don't trigger the vat
Posted 07 October 2010 at 21:26

yep, would not work. the forgemaster is in the graveyard before the vat comes into play. cool idea, though!
Posted 08 October 2010 at 02:53