Discussion Forum

Type 2 question

ok im throwing a deck together for type 2 and i noticed it had alot of cards that they used in the mirodine block. my only real question is this would i be able to legaly use a card that shares the same name from a older block in my deck (example scars has trinket mage and so dose darksteel could i fill 2 darksteel and 2 scars of the same card?)
Posted 13 October 2010 at 03:14

yes if it's a reprint of the exact same card your able to use it....so you could use the fifth dawn trinket mage...
Posted 13 October 2010 at 07:02

thank you very much saved me like you wouldn't believe lol
Posted 13 October 2010 at 21:47

It doesn't go by the set the card is in just remember if the name is repprinted you can use the old versions as long as they do the same thing
Posted 14 October 2010 at 02:11

Yes, cards are identified by their English names. Those names correspond to entries in the Gatherer database that determine what the card does.

So, a Mercadian Masques Arrest is, in game, exactly the same thing as a Scards of Mirrodin Arrest, and is therefore legal in any format that allows Scars of Mirrodin cards.
Posted 14 October 2010 at 06:27

ok i was just wondering i am use to playing vintage and older formats, i just took my first step in standard lol. and i just needed clarification of that rule i thank all of yous for the help
Posted 14 October 2010 at 15:15