Discussion Forum

Pyromancer Ascension- Kicker & Rebound

A Pyromancer Ascension is in play with two counters on it. (Two spells have been cast that are the same as spells in the graveyard). When I cast Burst Lightning and pay the kicker targeting my opponent does Ascension copy the kicker paid as well - giving me two Burst Lightning spells on the stack each dealing 4 points of damage for a total of 8 points of damage dealt to my opponent if they resolve?
Same situation, except instead of Burst Lightning, Distortion Strike is played. Does the copy of Distortion Strike also get the rebound effect or do I have to have a physical card to remove from play?
Posted 22 October 2010 at 06:43

[QUOTE]10/1/2009: If the original spell was kicked, the copy is kicked too. Other decisions made for the original spell, such as the value of X or the mode, are also copied.[/QUOTE]

(damn you to short messages!! since when is a quote not a message! :D:D)
Posted 22 October 2010 at 11:44

About the Rebound- I think the copy does get rebound, but because the copy is an affect that ends, it will not be rebounded. The only reason it would have rebound is because the spell you copy has rebound, but like I said, it won't actually rebound. But Whenever your spell rebounds the Pyromancer will copy it again, so it's like the copy had rebound... lol. Does any of that make cense?
Posted 22 October 2010 at 13:18

srry didn't read the rest of the question..

Pete is right..

[QUOTE]704.5e If a copy of a spell is in a zone other than the stack, it ceases to exist. If a copy of a card is in any zone other than the stack or the battlefield, it ceases to exist.[/QUOTE]

So you cannot exile a copy..but indeed the rebound card is "cast" again so you'll get to copy it again...
Posted 22 October 2010 at 15:47

well you still exile the copy, it just ceases to exist once it reaches that zone
Posted 22 October 2010 at 17:41

[QUOTE=Seras]well you still exile the copy, it just ceases to exist once it reaches that zone[/QUOTE]

yes... It's just gone. It's kind of like a token dieing... It will hit the gy, but once it is there it just ceases to exist.
Posted 22 October 2010 at 18:01