Discussion Forum

Myr sphere

If i use myr battlesphere and tap all my 4 myr tokens, and the and i use myr galvaniser to untap them again, could i retap them to get a totla of 8 dmg instead of 4? if i have some other myrs and another myr galvaniser, wouldnt i be able to insta kill my opponent?
Posted 23 October 2010 at 05:01

i think you can. but the effect of the galvanizer does not count as a cost for the battlesphere.
Posted 23 October 2010 at 06:41

Ummm, i mean, since my galvaniser has the ability to untap all other myrs right? So i can actually use the "unlimited mana" trick on myr battlesphere to give it a great amount of dmg and even drop in a nuke using its effect! ( it can cause dmg according to X number of myr u tapped to the other player, right"?)
Posted 23 October 2010 at 06:48

[QUOTE=olataro]If i use myr battlesphere and tap all my 4 myr tokens, and the and i use myr galvaniser to untap them again, could i retap them to get a totla of 8 dmg instead of 4? if i have some other myrs and another myr galvaniser, wouldnt i be able to insta kill my opponent?[/QUOTE]

No. Myr Battlesphere's Myr-tapping ability is triggered; it only goes off once when it attacks and only resolves once. No player gets priority to cast spells or activate abilities in the middle of an effect resolving.

So, when the Battlesphere's ability resolves, you have that one chance to tap Myr. That's it. The Galvaniser won't help unless you get the ability to trigger again later in the turn (like with World at War).
Posted 23 October 2010 at 06:52

oo, so its a trigger! that means i cant activate galvaniser's ability whn its ability is triggered?
Posted 23 October 2010 at 07:03

[QUOTE=olataro]oo, so its a trigger! that means i cant activate galvaniser's ability whn its ability is triggered?[/QUOTE]

You can activate abilities in response to it being triggered, before it actually resolves. And you can activate abilities just after it resolves.

But what you want to do is activate Myr Galvanizer's ability somewhere in the middle of the Sphere's ability resolving, between the tapping of the Myr and the pumping and damage. The problem is that the tapping, pumping, and damage are all part of a single effect.

It isn't like Bramblesnap, where you tap a creature to pay the cost of activating the ability, and then there's a pause for players to do things, and then the Bramblesnap actually gets bigger.

The Myr-tapping with Battlesphere isn't a cost to activate an ability, it is part of the resolution of the ability's effect, along with the pumping and damage. Once it starts resolving, you have to wait for it finish before doing anything else.

Moral: if you want to exploit lots of untapping effects, use activated abilities, like Bramblesnap, Flame Fusillade or, if you're evil, Opposition.
Posted 23 October 2010 at 08:09

Oh yea, does that mean i can activate galvaniser ability before the sunblast angel's effect kicks in?
Posted 23 October 2010 at 15:58

[QUOTE=olataro]Oh yea, does that mean i can activate galvaniser ability before the sunblast angel's effect kicks in?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's right. Sunblast Angel's ability goes on the stack and can be responded to.
Posted 23 October 2010 at 19:37

Awesome, i see a combo coming
Posted 24 October 2010 at 01:02

Oh yea, can i tap a myr token that has just been summoned with the myr sphere ability?
Posted 25 October 2010 at 16:44

[QUOTE=olataro]Oh yea, can i tap a myr token that has just been summoned with the myr sphere ability?[/QUOTE]

Yes. "Summoning sickness" only prevents you from activating abilities of the sick creature that have the tap symbol as part of their costs (and from declaring the sick creature as an attacker). You can still tap them to activated the abilities of other cards or as part of the effects of other cards.
Posted 25 October 2010 at 19:50

wow! cool!
Posted 25 October 2010 at 23:45

yes, you're actually doing the tapping for the sphere, so sure you can.
Posted 26 October 2010 at 03:12

only crappy thing about myr deck is low atk, so if he puts a 5 toughness defender, i am sooo screwed
Posted 26 October 2010 at 12:25