Discussion Forum

More planeswalker questions

Can you proliferate counters on planeswalkers? Not sure if loyalty counters fall under this or not? Also in reguards to wording on Halimar Excavator would placing a Planeswalker into play under my control allow me to mill as well? Seeing as planeswalker's are techincally "allies"?
Posted 31 October 2010 at 23:06

[QUOTE=Banditjames1227]Can you proliferate counters on planeswalkers? Not sure if loyalty counters fall under this or not? [/quote]

Yes. Planeswalkers are permanents with counters on them.

[quote]Also in reguards to wording on Halimar Excavator would placing a Planeswalker into play under my control allow me to mill as well? Seeing as planeswalker's are techincally "allies"?[/QUOTE]

No. Planeswalkers are not technically allies. That is their flavor, and it's as relevant to actual game mechanics as flavor text - which is not at all.

In the wording of Halimar Excavator, "Ally" means "a permanent with the Ally subtype."

So, if you had Mycosynth Lattice, March of the Machines, and Conspiracy set to Ally, then yes, getting a planeswalker would trigger the Excavator. Normally, though, no planeswalker has the "Ally" creature type.
Posted 01 November 2010 at 00:32

Emrakul has protection from colored spells and Aljani's first ability is target permanent doesn't untap during it's controllers untap step. would that work for emrakul. I guess the questions is is a Planeswalker a spell?
Posted 08 January 2011 at 06:17

only at the moment you cast it. once it's in play it's a permanent of type 'planeswalker' and emrakul has no protection against it's abilities.
Posted 08 January 2011 at 15:46