Discussion Forum

angelic arbiter + rage nimbus

I have an angelic arbiter and a rage nimbus in play. it is my opponents turn.

question: if i activate rage nimbus' ability during upkeep, forcing his creature to attack later in the main phase, does this means that he can not cast spells on his main phase because he has to attack, triggering the angelic arbiter?
Posted 25 November 2010 at 04:37

unless he cast a spell first before combat phase then yes, he cant cast spells later
Posted 25 November 2010 at 04:48

so this means that if he cast a spell before the combat phase then the creature that was targeted by the nimbus will not be able to attack?
Posted 25 November 2010 at 05:05

[QUOTE=jiggs]question: if i activate rage nimbus' ability during upkeep, forcing his creature to attack later in the main phase, does this means that he can not cast spells on his main phase because he has to attack, triggering the angelic arbiter?[/QUOTE]

No.

"Attack if able" isn't that restrictive. It only comes into play when he enters his Declare Attackers step.

It's sill up to him whether he casts a spell before his combat phase. If he does, then during his Declare Attackers step his creature won't be able to attack, so it won't. If he doesn't cast a spell by then, then his creature will have to attack.
Posted 25 November 2010 at 05:06

Lol, i was right. Oh yea, can a creature with 0 atk be declared as attacker?
Posted 25 November 2010 at 07:46

[QUOTE=olataro]Lol, i was right. Oh yea, can a creature with 0 atk be declared as attacker?[/QUOTE]

Yes. For example, Ornithopter, being cheap and evasive, makes a good vehicle for ninjutsu (Ninja of the Deep Hours, Mistblade Shinobi, Throat Slitter, etc.).
Posted 25 November 2010 at 08:09