Discussion Forum

Protection Against Black

I play someone that uses a vampire deck quite often. So, in return I use a white deck. In my deck I use White Knight. The protection states that it can't be "Targeted" by black abilities. But what if the ability doesn't have a target? For example: he uses Anowon, The Ruin Sage. It states that each play sacrifices a non-vampire creature. If my White Knight is my only creature, do I have to sacrifice him?
Thanks in advance for the answers.
Posted 28 November 2010 at 07:28

yes you do
Posted 28 November 2010 at 15:35

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
Posted 29 November 2010 at 00:01

Your creature is protected against black, but you arent. So even if you have protection and your creature cant be targets of spells, spells with "aoe" effect such as Day of Judgement can kill them
Posted 29 November 2010 at 06:56

What i meant was if you have layline of sancity and your opponent cast "dispense justice" you cant be the target of spells and thus, can be the target of dispense justice. But pyroclasm, day of judement, etc, will still destroy them even if they are protected

Which reminds me, if you have layline of sancity and the opponent casts all is dust, are you a valid target?
Posted 29 November 2010 at 07:02

you aren't a target at all as the spell doesn't require one, but it will affect you nonetheless.
Posted 29 November 2010 at 14:36