Discussion Forum

Does this combo work?

Say I have Ambush Commander "Forests you control are 1/1 green Elf creatures that are still lands. (1)(G), Sacrifice an Elf: Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn."

And Joraga Treespeaker "Lvl Up (1)(G) LVL1-4 (T) : add (G)(G) to your mana pool. LVL5+ Elves you control have '(T) : add (G)(G) to your mana pool.' "

So: If I have both of these in play, do my forests produce 2 or 3 mana?
Posted 03 December 2010 at 23:35

[QUOTE=OpinionatedDrone]Say I have Ambush Commander "Forests you control are 1/1 green Elf creatures that are still lands. (1)(G), Sacrifice an Elf: Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn."

And Joraga Treespeaker "Lvl Up (1)(G) LVL1-4 (T) : add (G)(G) to your mana pool. LVL5+ Elves you control have '(T) : add (G)(G) to your mana pool.' "

So: If I have both of these in play, do my forests produce 2 or 3 mana?[/QUOTE]

They produce a maximum of 2 mana.
Posted 03 December 2010 at 23:54

see i figured it would have to say "in addition to any other mana that creature may produce" for it to add up to 3.

So it pretty much looks like this:

[CARD="UNH"]FOREST
Basic Land - Forest, Creature - Elf
(T) : Add (G) To your mana pool
(T) : Add (G) (G) To your mana pool
1/1
Posted 04 December 2010 at 00:02

[QUOTE=OpinionatedDrone]So it pretty much looks like this:

[CARD="UNH"]FOREST
Basic Land - Forest, Creature - Elf
(T) : Add (G) To your mana pool
(T) : Add (G) (G) To your mana pool
1/1[/QUOTE]

The type line is off (it would be "Basic Creature Land - Elf Forest"), but you have the abilities right.

You could tap one for just enough mana to sacrifice it to the Commander's Giant Growth ability.
Posted 04 December 2010 at 06:40

im thinking that it turns them into creatures that are still lands. give them the ability tap add (G) (G) to mana pool. so i guess you either choose to tap and add one (G) like it usually does or use its tap ability.
Posted 05 December 2010 at 00:17