Discussion Forum

Improving the Social Aspect

There are two suggestions, both meant to make the community a bit more interactive:

First, when we like decks I think it would be nice to have a page in our profile to show those decks. Usually when I like a deck it has something I want to look back on to use for my own deck and all. This would make that a lot easier. And this seems like a relatively easy/minor addition. Perhaps not, but hopefully.

Second, becoming "friends" with other users similar to Facebook. After becoming someone's friend (I don't really think it necessary for them to confirm this, it's more just that you want to see what they are up to on MTGVault) you would get regular updates for when they create new decks, and possibly when they comment or like a deck. I know there are already a few users I like to try and keep track of. Again, this would simply make that a lot easier and more feasible for more people.

I think that second addition could also help a bit with the general lack of comments that most decks suffer from.

Cheers,
Zanmor
Posted 06 December 2010 at 05:21

Thanks for the suggestions, the first is a great idea, I've already had the idea of deck subscriptions for a while and this is basically the same thing... a way of "bookmarking" the decks you like.

The second one... I've pretty much done... however, I did this along with load of other social stuff that I was never quite happy with the way it was working and so never released it. The database work and pages could probably be rescued though, It'd just be a case of getting it into the site as it currently sits.

I should probably put aside some time to work through the list! :p
Posted 06 December 2010 at 09:42