Discussion Forum

What counts as an enchanted creature?

I'm fairly new to the game and I overthink things quite a bit, so there's the basis for my question.

So, if I have an enchantment out that effects all creatures, do they all count as enchanted creatures, or do the Enchant Creature cards only work towards this classification?
Posted 19 December 2010 at 00:31

[QUOTE=ewarner820]I'm fairly new to the game and I overthink things quite a bit, so there's the basis for my question.

So, if I have an enchantment out that effects all creatures, do they all count as enchanted creatures, or do the Enchant Creature cards only work towards this classification?[/QUOTE]

An enchantment that effects all creatures or has other broad effects is a global enchantment. One that "attaches" to a creature is called an Aura (though old ones might say "enchant creature"). Only creatures with Auras on them are enchanted. The global enchantments just indirectly effect them. :D
Posted 19 December 2010 at 01:58

A creature with an enchantment that reads "Enchanted Creature..." attached to it would be an enchanted creature.
Posted 22 December 2010 at 14:39

[QUOTE=OpinionatedDrone]A creature with an enchantment that reads "Enchanted Creature..." attached to it would be an enchanted creature.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't even have to say "creature." Any aura attached to a creature makes that creature an "enchanted creature" (for the purposes of things like Wall of Putrid Flesh), like Quiet Disrepair on an artifact creature, Consecrate Land on a Dryad Arbor, or Steal Enchantment on a Lucent Liminid.
Posted 24 December 2010 at 18:12