Discussion Forum

Goblin Question?

Let's just say you have an army of 2/2 goblins ,but you have 1 Goblin Chieftan who gives each other goblin +1/+1, and your opponet cast a pyroclasm, does it kill just the chieftan or your whole field of boosted 2/2's when chieftan hits the graveyard...

also if your attacking and you have the same field and your opponet blocks all your boosted 2/2's and your Goblin Chieftan, with 2/2's. Is there a certain order your goblins are blocked in?

I'm just wandering if I've been told correctly, I keep losing my whole field once Goblin Chieftan goes down.
Posted 11 January 2011 at 04:13

[QUOTE=sefgeezy]Let's just say you have an army of 2/2 goblins ,but you have 1 Goblin Chieftan who gives each other goblin +1/+1, and your opponet cast a pyroclasm, does it kill just the chieftan or your whole field of boosted 2/2's when chieftan hits the graveyard... [/quote]

They all end up dead.

Damage stays on a creature until the end of the turn. When your creatures are initially damaged, it's only enough to kill the Chieftain. But when he dies, your other goblins become 2/2s, and they each still have 2 damage on them, so down they go.

[QUOTE]also if your attacking and you have the same field and your opponet blocks all your boosted 2/2's and your Goblin Chieftan, with 2/2's. Is there a certain order your goblins are blocked in? [/QUOTE]

All combat damage is dealt simultaneously. Your goblins will all die (as above) but will have dealt their Chieftain-boosted damage.

[quote]I'm just wandering if I've been told correctly, I keep losing my whole field once Goblin Chieftan goes down.[/QUOTE]

Patriarch's Bidding
Posted 11 January 2011 at 07:14