Discussion Forum

More stat tables on right side

The stat tables are awesome, and really help out the build. However, one that I'd really like to see would be an Edition table by percentages. First, it can quickly tell you if it's Type 2 legal (or you can put a quick hint below the table like "Type 2 Legal!").

Second, if you're missing a bunch of cards from the deck, it can tell you what would be best in terms of what kind of booster box to buy. If it's mostly in one set, you could just buy a booster box from that set and get most of your cards. If it's scattered in a bunch of sets, you might be better off buying individual card sets, or some sort of Type 2 lot.

Other tables I could see being in there would be:

Power curve (creature powers by percentage per power unit)
Toughness curve (same thing for toughness)
Rarity percentages (gives you an idea of how expensive or hard it is to build the deck)
Mana symbol curve (in other words, how many are 1 White or 2 White or 3 White)

The best bet for the Edition (and Mana Symbol Curve) table would be a more dynamic table. So you wouldn't put every edition in there, but just the ones that are in the deck.

Also, I have no idea where you would put all of these tables. Maybe a header-based roll up and roll down of tables could work. Like you click on the table header, and it toggles between showing and hiding the table. (Again, 20x easier with jQuery.)
Posted 18 January 2011 at 13:29

Well, the original design of the deck page had the two parchment tabs you see on the homepage now for Top Decks and Upcoming decks...

The idea was to have the main page pretty much as you see it now and then the second tab would take you to a stats page for said deck so we could always head back in that direction to add lots of stats about decks but the only problem then would be having to switch view when building but I don't see that as a major problem, it's better than not having the stats at all, right?

Good suggestions, I've thought about doing a legality thing before but not in the way you've mentioned, I like it! :)
Posted 18 January 2011 at 20:43

[QUOTE=SineSwiper]
The best bet for the Edition (and Mana Symbol Curve) table would be a more dynamic table. So you wouldn't put every edition in there, but just the ones that are in the deck.[/QUOTE]

I agree with booth the rarity and the legality stats... Also maybe, the mana curve and the mana ocurrence stats could be visible while we are building the deck. This would help me a lot because I make many multicoloured decks, so the mana ocurrence would help because I could make the deck and I'd see what lands I'd play, right away, based in mana ocurrence...
Posted 19 January 2011 at 19:41