Discussion Forum

Repacked Fat Packs, Repacked Booster Boxes, and 100+ Card Boxes.

Are these a good thing to buy or they only good for beginners or they just a terrible deal for the cards. Do game stores do a better job then people off of Ebay. What do they usually do in the repacked booster boxes and fat packs. I also have heard you can buy land for cheap and I cant find it anywhere does anyone know about the 1000 land for 20 dollars or did I hear that wrong? I would like to know an answer to this question soon as possible for some good reasons.
Posted 19 January 2011 at 05:39

repacked ?

first find out what they mean by that exactly.

if it's just putting random unopened boosters into the boxes then i don't see much difference.

if the boosters are opened and/or the boxes are made of loose cards, stay away...the store just grabbed all the money cards and are trying to sell off the junk.
Posted 19 January 2011 at 16:14

Is there any companys out there that repack with boosters?
Posted 24 January 2011 at 00:59

well you're the one that brought it up...i've never heard the term used in this context before.
Posted 24 January 2011 at 02:43

Plenty of stores sell bulk commons and uncommons (1000ct, 2000ct, etc..) and these are great buys for new and old players alike, depending on the sale. Firstly, they're cheap. For a new player, they provide a huge card base to begin building with. For old players, they're a good way to grab up some of the cards from sets you missed (depending if they're sold by block, if not then it's w/e).

Dunno if this is relevant. But, like Seras, I don't really know what you're asking.
Posted 24 January 2011 at 05:54

Well I have only seen places say they repacking the boxes with loose cards from the at set I thought after Seras first post that there were companys that repack with boosters instead.
Posted 24 January 2011 at 17:40

no, was just guessing to try and figure out what you're talking about
Posted 24 January 2011 at 17:42

Ok well from what I have seen is that companies repack fat packs and booster boxes with loose cards from that set I wasn't totally sure if they were worth the buy or not.
Posted 24 January 2011 at 17:44

unless it's dirt cheap and/or you have the list of cards included, it sounds like a rip-off to me.
Posted 24 January 2011 at 17:47

I know on eBay, a repack is a booster that someone put together from their collection.

1-2 rares, 3 uncommons, 10-11 commons.
Posted 11 February 2011 at 15:08

The repacks are both good and bad I have bought a few, when I first started out i went on ebay n got 100 rares. The best thing to do if your wanting to do this is go on ebay type in magic the gathering click on the left hand side just to look at bulk and collections and on there you will see all the repacks.

The best ones to go for are the one from private traders and not shops as 90% of the time they will list all the cards in the collection (Or at least the more sort after ones). Otherwise as Seras said its just people trying to get rid of junk.

The repacked fat packs go cheap because someone has opened the boosters took out the cards they wanted and replaced them for other cards. They have the same ammount of commons, uncommons and rares in it just means your pretty much guarenteed to get nothing that is useful. But the same could happen buying a fat pack but at least you know its random cards.

Also don't order cards in 1000's as it says there all from the last 2 blocks most of the time so your just gonna end up with 30 of each cards that are worth nothing and you generally can't do nothing with except build a hell of a lot of pauper decks lol
Posted 11 February 2011 at 16:47