Discussion Forum

Ajani's Pridemate + Leyline of Vitality

If you have Leyline of Vitality already on the board, how does the stack for the triggered abilities go? (You gain one life when you put a creature into play with Leyline of Vitality along with all creatures you control having 0/+1 -- Ajani's Pridemate is 2/2 and gets a +1/+1 counter when you gain life.)

Basically what I'm wondering is if it comes out as a 2/3 or a 3/4 after the stack there is resolved. Either way I'm not going to complain, but it'd certainly rock if I could end up with a 3/4 creature on the second turn if LoV was in my starting hand. (If it actually works that way... this just *might* be a bit overpowered).

Blessings,
Moriah

-----

I'm just coming back to this game after over a decade, sooooo many new rules to learn! Please have patience....
Posted 23 January 2011 at 11:10

[QUOTE=Moriah]Basically what I'm wondering is if it comes out as a 2/3 or a 3/4 after the stack there is resolved. [/quote]

It enters the battlefield as a 2/3, and the Leyline's ability triggers and goes on the stack. When it resolves - which will be very quickly, but your opponent still has time to kill the Pridemate with a Lightning Bolt first - it will get a +1/+1 counter and be a 3/4.
Posted 23 January 2011 at 18:06

[QUOTE=Aneximines]It enters the battlefield as a 2/3, and the Leyline's ability triggers and goes on the stack. When it resolves - which will be very quickly, but your opponent still has time to kill the Pridemate with a Lightning Bolt first - it will get a +1/+1 counter and be a 3/4.[/QUOTE]

Nice, glad to hear that there is a way for it to not be so overpowered.

All the new rules! I swear this game wasn't this complicated long ago... :)
Posted 24 January 2011 at 02:04