Discussion Forum

Now here's a question (Involving the new Tezzy)

Now here's the situation. I've got a Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas on the field along with a liquimetal coating and Darksteel Plate

Could I tap Liquimetal Coating to make Tezzeret an artifact until end of turn, minus him to make himself a 5/5 creature, then equip Darksteel Plate to him to make him some crazy conglomeration of a indestructible creature/planeswalker?
Now, I think the damage would still be the same as it still removes that number of loyalty counters and it technically doesn't "destroy" him once his loyalty reaches 0 so he can still be killed but...it's still kinda interesting that he could make himself indestructible haha.
Posted 27 January 2011 at 06:39

[QUOTE=Scotty1700]Could I tap Liquimetal Coating to make Tezzeret an artifact until end of turn, minus him to make himself a 5/5 creature, then equip Darksteel Plate to him to make him some crazy conglomeration of a indestructible creature/planeswalker?[/quote]

Yes. And he would remain a 5/5 artifact creature even after the Coating's ability wore off, because his own animation ability has no stated duration and therefore lasts indefinitely.

[quote]Now, I think the damage would still be the same as it still removes that number of loyalty counters and it technically doesn't "destroy" him once his loyalty reaches 0 so he can still be killed but...it's still kinda interesting that he could make himself indestructible haha.[/QUOTE]

Yes, damage would still remove loyalty counters, and having zero loyalty would still send him to the graveyard (the rule that deals with that says "put" not "destroy," unlike the rule that deals with creatures with lethal damage, which does say "destroy").

Therefore, his indestructibility would be utterly useless against damage.

But hey, he'd survive a Back to Nature or Day of Judgment. Of course, if he weren't an artifact creature he'd survive those anyway.

So ultimately, yes you could make him an indestructible artifact creature, but really you have no good reason to do so.
Posted 27 January 2011 at 07:24

Yaaay, useless combo is useless. Well wait a minute, it would save him from Elspeth which isn't too rare so I guess it's not 100% useless...only about 95% :D
Posted 27 January 2011 at 22:19

Nope, its 100% useless. Your opponent can still atk him to remove loyalty counter and also, a cast of revoke existence will send ur artifact tezz away to the void
Posted 29 January 2011 at 04:39