Discussion Forum

Order of effects

Hi all, say I have a Hypnotic Specter and a Blizzard Specter and I attack with them both. They both get through and deals combat dmg to the player. Can I choose the order that the effects happen? e.g. have Blizzard Specter's bounce ability happen first and then have Hypnotic Specter's ability happen second so they discard the card that was just bounced.

Thanks.
Posted 31 January 2011 at 15:23

[QUOTE=fywdyl]Hi all, say I have a Hypnotic Specter and a Blizzard Specter and I attack with them both. They both get through and deals combat dmg to the player. Can I choose the order that the effects happen? e.g. have Blizzard Specter's bounce ability happen first and then have Hypnotic Specter's ability happen second so they discard the card that was just bounced.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes. When two triggered abilities trigger at the same time and one player controls them both, that player decides the order in which they go on the stack, and thence the order in which they resolve.

603. Handling Triggered Abilities
603.3. Once an ability has triggered, its controller puts it on the stack as an object that’s not a card the next time a player would receive priority. ...
603.3b If multiple abilities have triggered since the last time a player received priority, each player, in APNAP order, puts triggered abilities he or she controls on the stack in any order he or she chooses. ...
Posted 31 January 2011 at 16:25

Awesome, thanks!
Posted 31 January 2011 at 20:32